This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3: Second Teaser Trailer Analysis

If you haven't seen it, drop everything you're doing and check out the latest Battlefield 3 teaser trailer!

...now read our analysis of the video for all the juicy details.

After you've read the analysis please reply back here with your comments about the video or our analysis.

We'll see you on the battlefield!

Re: Battlefield 3: Second Teaser Trailer Analysis

Not really so much of an analysis as just stating the obvious and wishful thinking.

"The commander is pointing to a map so there'll hopefully be stuff for strategy minded players."

Comment

Seems like you're reading into the short glimpses of actual gameplay too much.

It's all probably singleplayer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        Not really so much of an analysis as just stating the obvious and wishful thinking.

"The commander is pointing to a map so there'll hopefully be stuff for strategy minded players."
        What is with the trolls on this forum?

You actually have the blatant audacity to "quote" the article but that statement doesn't even appear in the article!

This is what the article states:
        "One of the first scenes in the second Battlefield 3 teaser trailer shows what looks to be a Marine Corps officer outlining battle plans to his men but unfortunately strategic minded players probably won't see a Commander Player Interface."

If you weren't so busy trying to stir the pot in an effort to prop up your fragile ego, the meaning of the statement would have been obvious. Since you lack the mental capabilities to understand the statement I will explain it to you:

1. Scene of Commander.
        2. Makes you think fondly of the BF2 Commander Player Interface.
        3. Sorry, probably no Commander Player Interface in BF3.

1 + 2 = 3 and it's that simple.

If you want to offer criticism, fine, but please be honest.

Comment

Man, a new BF release brings out all the peace, loving and understanding on TGN, it is almost like Christmas

I think you are forgetting that this is most likely single player, and thus heavily scripted.
          So concluding that we will be able to kick in doors, crawl through air ducts and other fancy stuff in MP is probably a bit too optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by theOP4

You actually have the blatant audacity to "quote" the article but that statement doesn't even appear in the article!

"One of the first scenes in the second Battlefield 3 teaser trailer shows what looks to be a Marine Corps officer outlining battle plans to his men but unfortunately strategic minded players probably won't see a Commander Player Interface."

If you weren't so busy trying to stir the pot in an effort to prop up your fragile ego, the meaning of the statement would have been obvious. Since you lack the mental capabilities to understand the statement I will explain it to you:

1. Scene of Commander.

Dude, you just typed like, a book. Chill.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              Man, a new BF release brings out all the peace, loving and understanding on TGN, it is almost like Christmas

I think you are forgetting that this is most likely single player, and thus heavily scripted.
              So concluding that we will be able to kick in doors, crawl through air ducts and other fancy stuff in MP is probably a bit too optimistic.
              ::sigh::

Lets read what the article actually says:
              "Unless this is only a portion of a cinematic cut scene, players will be able to crawl through air ducts and other tight spaces to infiltrate the enemy's AO (Area of Operations)."

I think the word "unless" is a dead giveaway that the statement is speculation.

Regardless of whether or not the footage is single-player or not, much of what was stated in the article is article confirmed. It is also unlikely that being able to kick in doors or shoulder them open would only be secluded to the single-player missions. DICE is going for more realism with BF3 and in all likelihood that means knifing doors into splinters will be history.

Finally, you can almost bet that the majority of the footage is not cinematic cut scenes because you can see the player holding his weapon. While it is possible there are cinematic scenes from a first-person perspective, I think it is unlikely that there are that many.

Comment

But then you can actually not deduct anything new from this video.
                It is all "unless", "maybe" and "I think".

I am sorry but I will have to agree that there is not much analysis there.
                No need to get defensive, you point out some cool elements, but I just dont see how we can conclude anything about MP from it.
                As COD and MoH has shown us, MP and SP can be vastly different.

Comment

lol, Oh lawd...

Comment

Regardless of whether or not the footage is single-player or not, much of what was stated in the article is article confirmed. It is also unlikely that being able to kick in doors or shoulder them open would only be secluded to the single-player missions. DICE is going for more realism with BF3 and in all likelihood that means knifing doors into splinters will be history.

Finally, you can almost bet that the majority of the footage is not cinematic cut scenes because you can see the player holding his weapon. While it is possible there are cinematic scenes from a first-person perspective, I think it is unlikely that there are that many.
                    Nothing in your article is confirmed. Just because there's a video of something which could be perceived as being a feature isn't always the case. I mean, even whoever wrote that article used validators and clarifiers for everything.

it looks like characters will realistically dismount (and possible mount into) vehicles
                    but unfortunately strategic minded players probably won't see a Commander Player Interface.
                    and it's possible that the way this might work is that a non-medic player will drag a wounded teammate to cover and then it will be up to the medic to revive him. Hopefully in this way, it always won't have to be the medics who have to get their butt shot off trying to safe teammates. Keep in mind that US Navy Fleet Marine Force Corpsman are the official medics of the United States Marine Corps. Hopefully they'll throw in a touch of accuracy and give a real salute to some of the bravest Sailors in the world's finest Navy by having characters yell, "Corpsman up," when a player character needs medical assistance.
                    it looks like we're looking down the sight of an M249 Squad Automatic Weapon
                    Also, the footage has been confirmed as not CG rendered.

Comment

You have to remember this is a forum of PC gamers... LONG TIME PC GAMERS. Most of us here are cynical in a very hard way. It starts to rub off on you after a while. I am (mostly) unaffected, but I do have my spouts (which usually go unseen anyway :wee. But really, they arent trolls, just cynics.

Comment

1. Scene of Commander.

Just calm down. Deep breath in... deep breath out...

I wasn't directly quoting you. I was paraphrasing the sentiment that permeates your so called analysis. I'm sorry my criticism isn't all nice and happy with lots of bunnies and soft cuddly animals, but this "analysis" isn't an analysis. As I said, it's just you looking at various screenshots from the trailer, stating the obvious, and then some possibilities that you subjectively derive from a combination of your hopes and unintentional cues. You have no hard concrete data to supply.

If you're not willing to have something ripped to shreds when it doesn't hold up, I would suggest not posting it on forums again.

Comment

:drama:

Comment

See, what I was expecting was an actual analysis like... put the video in reverse so it makes a sentence out of bomb noises with a message that tells us that there will be a nuke included in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                              :drama:
                              haha:tee:

Comment

Working...
                              X