Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Online Game Types?

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    I wouldnt be opposed to something like Assault Line. I know it was for 2142 and 2142 was the worst thing ever created even below MW2, but Assault line was fun. You had 4 flags to capture, but the 4th flag was locked. The attackers had to capture all three flags and then the 4th would become unlocked and then could be captured. If it was captured, attackers won. If tickets ran out, defenders won.

It was pretty fun and caused some intense battles. I wouldnt mind a few different game styles.

Crunch
    Assault lines was awesome... not that I liked BF2142 or anything... >_> Terrible, terrible game.... <_<

Comment

CTF was some of the most laughable moments ive had in BF haha.

Just getting that flag and hooning off like a mad max possesed, Knowing attack helos,Jets,tanks and 32 rabid dudes are after your asz and just comming for you:wee:

Comment

The last desert combat mod had different game modes and some of them were a blast. If those would have been in BF2 that would have been awesome. Capture the flag was one.

Comment

Originally posted by DTPleeoswald
          As a BF fan I obviously want the old capture the point and ticket count game play but also wouldn't mind a team deathmatch just to kind of switch things up from time to time. I don't want it to be like CoD and have 12 different game types to choose from but I think the original BF game type and a deathmatch would be good and maybe a hardcore mode for each one. What do you guys think about game types online?
          I'd like to have a mode in which your team can face off against AI. Sure, it might not be as challenging, depending upon what they do with the AI, but I'm tired of populating the server and then teaming up with my fellow clan members only to have the random players rage-quit because we own them over and over. AI won't rage-quit so it'd be a great way to just login and have some stress free fun instead of logging in and dealing with crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
            Assault lines was awesome... not that I liked BF2142 or anything... >_> Terrible, terrible game.... <_<
            Take that back or smite you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
              You can't smite someone for telling the truth.
              Take that back or I will capture you and force you to sit there and watch me play for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
                Take that back or smite you.
                Crunch and I are being sarcastic. I never played BF2 and I love 2142. It's my first true love.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                  Crunch and I are being sarcastic. I never played BF2 and I love 2142. It's my first true love.
                  This is like dating the deformed red headed inbread cousin ,because thats what 2142 was to BF

Comment

Honestly BF2142 and BF2 are almost the same in my book... Just BF2 had moar vehicle powning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      This is like dating the deformed red headed inbread cousin ,because thats what 2142 was to BF
                      Im just looking forward to playing BF3 and having a great time while your making posts about it being a failed port of something. Im going post screenshots and try to convince you how awesome it really is

Originally posted by Kylee!
                      Honestly BF2142 and BF2 are almost the same in my book... Just BF2 had moar vehicle powning.
                      Yeah, they were close, except 2142 was more :awes

:wee:

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

You guys dont need to ask my opinion of 2142. You all know how much i miss pwning everything around me with my BAUR

Comment

No TDM. All the CODlings will use that to play COD instead of "real" BF, and soon conquest servers etc. will be hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            No TDM. All the CODlings will use that to play COD instead of "real" BF, and soon conquest servers etc. will be hard to find.
                            Thats true, but wont many come anyway like they did in BC2? Why not crush CoD once and for all with a replacement?

Not viable? I dont know for sure, but I would think having a hardcore mode and turning off vehicles will still be an option. Why not have a TDM?

Global Domination begins with TDM.

Or no?

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I think Crunch is right. If it's going to be a CoD killer I think it has to have some of the aspects of CoD to draw them in. However I don't think a want a bunch of little CoD d-bags running around in BF.

Comment

The thing is, I fear the newcomers to BF will never get to play the "true" BF gamemodes if the familiar TDM is available.
                                They might try a few rounds of conquest and become confused, but instead of sticking around and learning they will just go back to TDM.

On the other hand, those we lose due to lack of TDM were not likely to play objective based gamemodes anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X