Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Black Ops on Console with a Keyboard and Mouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Black Ops on Console with a Keyboard and Mouse.

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has ever been interested in using their mouse and keyboard to play a PS3 game. We have developed a converter for the PS3 that allows you to do just that. The Eagle Eye Converter allows you to play FPS games like you would on the PC. It allows a mouse and a keyboard to be connected to the unit and then converts the controls to emulate a PS3 controller.

Having used other converter devices (which range from $150-$300), which tend to have problems with having very jagged handling, ours has very efficient calibration system that allows for play that feels like your playing a PC game.

Here is a link to our product as well as a youtube link demonstrating how it works. We are putting ourselves out there because we believe gamers should have the choice to use whatever controls they feel most comfortable with, and should not have their gaming experience limited.

$10 off Promotional Code: F012UM (0=zero)

http://www.penguinunitedstore.com/products/Eagle-Eye-Converter-for-Playstation-3.html

Part 2 of the Video introduction on the Eagle Eye Converter by Penguin United. This is a detail video demonstration on how the Eagle Eye works in a real lif...

Check it out, and if you have any questions or responses feel free to voice them

Re: Playing Black Ops on Console with a Keyboard and Mouse.

Why would I want to play a game that is just as horrible to play on the PS3 as it is to play on the PC let alone with a keyboard and mouse?

Comment

Well, maybe other games could work with it? Black Ops could just be an example.

Also, this is not spam.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

My only concern is if this falls under Sony's hacked device policy, but very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
          My only concern is if this falls under Sony's hacked device policy, but very interesting.
          This does not fall under Sony's hacked device policy, it is not hacking at all to be frank. The PS3 supports keyboard and mouse use, but leaves it up to the developers to implement it for their games. Sony has not made any sort of statement regarding third parties making devices to allow for keyboard and mouse use for games.

This device allows players the option to implement keyboard and mouse play, which from what I have seen, is a relatively welcomed choice for gamers. The ability to choose should be a positive thing, especially in a capitalist society.

Originally posted by stilla-killa
          Why would I want to play a game that is just as horrible to play on the PS3 as it is to play on the PC let alone with a keyboard and mouse?
          Granted, any Call Of Duty not made my Infinity Ward, R.I.P., generally I dislike. But you can use this for MWF2, MWF, MOH, Red Dead, Battefield, to list a few

Comment

Yes, sorry MW 2. For some reason I always add the F because I go with the tradition of the 3 letter appreciation of Call Of Duty games lol.

Comment

While I think it's great you are bringing support for keyboard and mouse to the ps3 I noticed the faster you move the mouse the less responsive the emulator was to the motion.

Any comments on that?

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                While I think it's great you are bringing support for keyboard and mouse to the ps3 I noticed the faster you move the mouse the less responsive the emulator was to the motion.

Any comments on that?
                Well this is not a problem of the of this specific emulator and instead a problem that all devices trying to do this will suffer from this because there is a max speed set on the controller. We are limited by these restrictions, so granted the response will not be that of a true PC experience but will provide more precision, accuracy and comfort that can't be matched by any controller.

So it is not so much that the faster you move the less responsive the emulator is as it is the fact that the rate of motion is ultimately going to be capped at a certain point regardless of how quickly you move it.

Comment

id buy a ps3 and red dead just to play it with a mouse and keyboard

Comment

Working...
                  X