PS3 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Games

As some of you well know I received PS3 for christmas this year yet as I am a poor student I cannot afford all the games i desire.... **** you debts. So I think it's time to sort out what games are good and what games are bad...to pick the wheat from the chaff... and other such phrases.
    What PS3 games have you played?
    What PS3 games would you recommend?

My PS3 collection consists of:

Infamous (Bloody enjoyed it)
    Black Ops (Purely for Zombies Split Screen)
    LittleBigPlanet (Buy this game and listen to Stephen Fry!)
    Resistance 2 (Started playing, never got round to finishing...)
    Tekken 6 (Every console gen needs a Tekken game!)
    Medal of Honour (Terrible multiplayer, alright singleplayer)
    Split/Second (What Burnout Paradise should have been)
    Battlefield 1943 (Holding out for Battlefield 3, I'll probably get it on PS3 as my PC will explode if it had to run BF3)

I really want to play Heavy Rain but I don't want to fork out £25 for a game i'll play once. I would also like to play the uncharted series, arkham asylum, maybe killzone...
    What should I get? What should everybody get?

Re: PS3 Games

My bro has all the consoles, he shared his PS3 for some time so I tested most of the major games of the PS3 :

-Demon's Souls if you like a gritty and dark RPG with a good dose of difficulty
    -Killzone 2 if you want a decent FPS
    -Blazblue 2, Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3 if you like fighting game
    -Uncharted 1-2 are ones of the most beautiful games on the PS3. It's like a Tomb Raider with better gunfights and more charismatic characters. Decent multi from what I heard.
    -Heavy Rain is more like an interactive movie, I don't recommend buying it
    -Arkham asylum is good, it's a metroidvania type of gameplay. Too bad I don't like comics.

Only games I personally liked enough to consider buying is Demon's Souls

Comment

Red dead redemption is a must have.

Final Fantasy 13 if you like the series.

Comment

I forgot about Red Dead... that is definitely on my buy list

Comment

Gran turismo 5 is the reason I will be buying a PS3 in like 2 months when I get my new student loan. I neeeeed that game in my life.

Comment

I play on multiple systems and multiple genres so I don't have a big selection.

-Dead Space
            -Metal Gear Solid 4
            -Burnout: Paradise

I would recommend all 3. I've played through DS 4-5 times and MGS4 8-10 times and still love them. Burnout is the first racing game I've had since Need for Speed: Underground 2 and it has satisfied my need for a racing game once in awhile. Also, with my positive past experiences with Gran Turismo games, it might be a better choice over Burnout: Paradise if you only want to choose one racing game. (although Burnout lets you use MP3's from the PS3's hard drive while you play )

Comment

Have to get this out of the way before someone who means it says it

"But the PS3 Haz no GAmEz"

Comment

Resident evil 5 with a friend in coop mode is enjoyable, considering its low price too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers
                  As some of you well know I received PS3 for christmas this year yet as I am a poor student I cannot afford all the games i desire.... **** you debts. So I think it's time to sort out what games are good and what games are bad...to pick the wheat from the chaff... and other such phrases.
                  What PS3 games have you played?
                  What PS3 games would you recommend?

Alright I'll tell you my games I have,and what I'd recommend to you.

I have right now

1.Black Ops
                  2.Uncharted 2
                  3.Battlefield Bad Company 2
                  4.Rockband 3
                  5.TDU 2

And that's all the game's I play.

I'd recommed you each of these if you haven't already played them.

Uncharted 2 I'd personally recommend you getting.I was skeptical at first,then did some reading on it and decided "eh what the hell"It's the best game I've ever play to be honest.

So if you like adventure games,I'd pick this one up man.

My PS3 collection consists of:

Infamous (Bloody enjoyed it)
                  Black Ops (Purely for Zombies Split Screen)
                  LittleBigPlanet (Buy this game and listen to Stephen Fry!)
                  Resistance 2 (Started playing, never got round to finishing...)
                  Tekken 6 (Every console gen needs a Tekken game!)
                  Medal of Honour (Terrible multiplayer, alright singleplayer)
                  Split/Second (What Burnout Paradise should have been)
                  Battlefield 1943 (Holding out for Battlefield 3, I'll probably get it on PS3 as my PC will explode if it had to run BF3)

I really want to play Heavy Rain but I don't want to fork out £25 for a game i'll play once. I would also like to play the uncharted series, arkham asylum, maybe killzone...
                  What should I get? What should everybody get?

Comment

Infamous 2, Killzone 3, Borderlands, MAG, Dragon Age: origins, Assassin's Creed. Also, consider gamesharing to reduce costs- you pay about a 5th of the cost of full games. It rocks.

Comment

Working...
                    X