Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might start playing again

Hello folks,

Before I reinstall the game and patch it, I would like to ask you how popular the game remains. I stopped playing back in '09 when I used to only play Project Reality. Back then there were still tons of people playing.

Is the vanilla game still going strong or are mods the current trend?

:salute:

Re: I might start playing again

I wouldnt mind knowing how busy the mods are either! As far as i know over here in Aus there are still quite a few populated 64 man vanilla servers running 24/7

Comment

Last I checked (late last year) in aus the servers are still up and mostly running. A few have gone of course. I would presume the same outside of here though.

Comment

With all the BF3 talk I kind of want to play some myself. Lets see Game Monitor says:

Players: 10,253 / 63,599

So obviously you shouldn't have a problem finding a game. But then again it depends on where you live.

Comment

Oh, wow, thats some decent numbers. I went back and played the other day... tried playing some FuShe and Dragon Valley... got raped... haha. My BF2 is rusty.

Comment

I used to be a pretty good pilot. Nothing like those legends you see in the professional leagues, but I never had trouble killing J10s in my lousy F35B in pub servers.

Alas, all this is gone if I play again. I don't have a joystick anymore. I miss flying in PC games.

By the way, is there anyway to upgrade the CPU on a laptop? I've built dozens of normal computers, but I've never tried on a laptop before, and my CPU is bottlenecking a lot of nice hardware.

Comment

I've been playing both some BF2 and 2142 again, both have plenty of players, well enough to always get a game anyway.

2142 is sooo good. Played a titan game and I was hooked again.

Comment

yea you might as well play 2142 with the new patch, theres bunch of new maps so it will be sorta new

Comment

What's the latest version of Battlefield 2142? I heard 1.51 is coming out soon. I might be using 1.4 right now. I'm getting ~21 populated servers on a daily basis, and about 250-300 that are unpopulated, and if I allow my filter to show different version of the game I get hundreds of servers.

Comment

1.51 just came out today.
                    Patch 1.51 für Battlefield 2142Hinweis: Das Update 1.50 muss bereits installiert sein.Patch 1.51 nimmt einige Verbesserungen an dem Actionspiel vor, fügt vier neue Karten hinzu und stellt die Erweiterung "Northern Strike" (Boosterpack) kostenlos allen Spielern zur Verfügung.UPDATE 1.51-Added extra account security fixes-Added fix for nVidia drivers to solve tinitus visual effect-Hit detection bug fix: Changed so that latency compensation history takes correct stored positions from buffer-Updated as titan wake.tweak to allow for two attack choppers instead of the one previously allowedFEATURES-Added Operation Blue Pearl by Bjorn Sundell with special thanks to Jason Brice for lightmaps and finishing-Added Yellow Knife, Molokai and Strike at Karkand 2142 maps made by Jason Brice-Northern Strike booster pack maps and content are now free to play-Added support for the Novint Falcon controller - www.novint.comYellow KnifeDesigned and created by Jason Brice. Retouching by Mary Ellen Schrock.Molokai & Strike at Karkand 2142Designed and created by Jason Brice. Retouching by Mary Ellen Schrock.

servers will be probably updated by tomorrow.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new patch. I am currently running in 1024x768 resolution due to my 1336x768 widescreen. I see they didn't include any decent fixes for that in the patch.

However, the amount of new maps and free Northern Strike is splendid. I'm very happy.

Comment

Install and play on Wake !!

The WOoKie Sniper Clan

Comment

I don't care about vanilla. I've hated it for more than 5 years, it is very flawed. But BF2 mods are what I play the most. Mainly FH2 and PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                            I don't care about vanilla. I've hated it for more than 5 years, it is very flawed.
                            How DARE YOU! :rawr:

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

What? Spik3d agreeing with someone thats not him? THE WORLD IS ENDING!

Comment

Working...
                              X