No announcement yet.

heavy metal and harvest day (conquest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy metal and harvest day (conquest)

hi people, I might be the first one here to admit this, but i HATE these maps and i almost always leave the server once they come in the rotation. i hate these maps becasue harvest day is a snipe-fest, and heavy metal is far too large and boring to hold my attention for long.

dont get me wrong, i do very well on these maps, and i am a big fan of large bf2 size maps, but with only 32 players these maps are scarcely populated and infested with snipers.

i love atacama and port veldez, but harvest day and heavy metal i cant stand

this poses a problem becasue it seems every other server is heavy metal 24/7 or heavy metal and harvest day 24/7 or only new maps 24/7 so my choices of servers are limited.

anyone else hate these maps?

Re: heavy metal and harvest day (conquest)

Heavy Metal gets on my nerves after a round or two, usually, but I really like Harvest Day, it's big, but I feel like it isn't too large or expansive like Heavy Metal is.

Also, they're both really fun maps for squad death match. It's a different experience.

Comment

I don't understand you people...

"I want big maps!!"
      *gets big maps*
      "I hate big maps!"

Harvest Day is awesome on Rush (never really got into it on conquest) and Heavy Metal is awesome if you play in a good server.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
        I don't understand you people...

"I want big maps!!"
        *gets big maps*
        "I hate big maps!"

Harvest Day is awesome on Rush (never really got into it on conquest) and Heavy Metal is awesome if you play in a good server.
        But it's big maps without 64 players.

I forgot about Harvest day Rush, I've only played it a handful of times. I seem to get conquest a lot more, which I find very fun. It's a nicely laid out map, not too linear and no real choke points filled with nade spammers.

Comment

The maps in BF2 were definitely bigger for the player size... I think.

Comment

I never played BF2, but in BF2142, some of the maps were huge even in comparison with Heavy Metal. Minsk on titan mode, for example.

Comment

The maps are too big for BFBC2.

I switch servers when it comes to these maps, no point playing them, it is just a sniper fest.

Comment

Yeah, I trudge through them. Those maps are an example of a developer giving what the community wants when the community is trying to make a game out to be something it was not designed to be.

Same goes when the nerfing calls start in. It ends up messing up something else in the process.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I like Heavy Metal actually. Bit of a shame it's so linear, but I find it pretty fun still. Harvest Day on the other hand... just a big plain field with some trees here and there. Bit of a boring sniper fest really...

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    Yeah, I trudge through them. Those maps are an example of a developer giving what the community wants when the community is trying to make a game out to be something it was not designed to be.

Same goes when the nerfing calls start in. It ends up messing up something else in the process.

Crunch
                    This. I was one of the few people that didn't think all the weapons needed to get nerfed/leveled way back in the beginning... maybe because I wasn't frustrated by noob toobers and people whoring the M60... and jumped to the conclusion that the weapon was overpowered.

Comment

No, most of the balance changes were fine... but they just screwed with the assault rifles too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                        Heavy Metal gets on my nerves after a round or two, usually, but I really like Harvest Day, it's big, but I feel like it isn't too large or expansive like Heavy Metal is.

Also, they're both really fun maps for squad death match. It's a different experience.
                        OOo the irony

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                          No, most of the balance changes were fine... but they just screwed with the assault rifles too much.
                          True, I think the assault rifles were messed with the most, unnecessarily so. The M60 and M95 were both a bit too overpowered... but then didn't need to be nerfed or anything like that either.

I think the weapon balance now isn't bad, but they just went overboard a bit, it seems.

Comment

I don't love or hate Harvest Day and Heavy Metal, but I think the biggest issue with them is the people designing the maps were using the techniques used for smaller maps. That is to say, they were thinking in narrow straight lines. There is no real area to flank the enemy, because there is rarely any cover on the sides so you can't sneak up on a flag and capture it. The best you can do is go really fast in a buggy or in a Helo and hope you don't get blown up on the way. If you are lucky, the other team won't see you and you can capture the rear flags since almost nobody is there.

The trend BC2 has created is gonna make BF3 hell. BC2 basically taught people to be cannon fodder and attack head on. It's just about all you can do most of the time. BC2 was designed for consoles, but for some reason DICE thought that meant mindless idiots who can't think and use basic tactics. So everyone got straight line narrow battles. They even said that was how they were designing the game.

Hopefully BF3 will not follow the same path and have maps designed with useful tactics in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
                              I don't love or hate Harvest Day and Heavy Metal, but I think the biggest issue with them is the people designing the maps were using the techniques used for smaller maps. That is to say, they were thinking in narrow straight lines. There is no real area to flank the enemy, because there is rarely any cover on the sides so you can't sneak up on a flag and capture it. The best you can do is go really fast in a buggy or in a Helo and hope you don't get blown up on the way. If you are lucky, the other team won't see you and you can capture the rear flags since almost nobody is there.

The trend BC2 has created is gonna make BF3 hell. BC2 basically taught people to be cannon fodder and attack head on. It's just about all you can do most of the time. BC2 was designed for consoles, but for some reason DICE thought that meant mindless idiots who can't think and use basic tactics. So everyone got straight line narrow battles. They even said that was how they were designing the game.

Hopefully BF3 will not follow the same path and have maps designed with useful tactics in mind.
                              Although I think you're head on (pun intended) with how Heavy Metal plays out, I don't really experience that with Harvest Day. Although, I do see a lot of players just rushing every point in a straight line on a lot of maps, I think you still will notice that the best players and squads use a lot of flanking manoeuvres. I only say this because what I do myself a lot of the time and I'm not nearly as good as many players (especially some of the guys on this forum... hahaha) and I'm pretty successful when I do try to work on flanking the enemy.

*shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X