Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR

The BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle)

I would really like to see this added into BC2 Vietnam and maybe for fun BC2.
    It was in use since WW1 and saw limited(but still use) in Vietnam.
    The first time I played with a BAR in a game was COD1.

It's a big gun, no scope, Automatic rifle, slow rate of fire but high damage.
    I think it would be a nice addition if they ever wanted to make team specific weapons.

Re: BAR

I'd rather see the BAUR

Comment

Replace the M14 please

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        I'd rather see the BAUR
        R.I.P

Comment

No, give me Akimbo 1887.

Comment

Bring in the MAT49 and the SKS, both were used by the Viet Cong and NVA throughout the war.

Comment

i am actually very surprised and disappointed that they did not add the sks to a vietnam game. bad DICE

Comment

The SKS is under-appreciated. Its heavier than the AK47 and the two look very close to the same. Pretend its the SKS and you should be good :thumbsup:

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah but the whole bottom half looks different, as does the reloading mechanism. In fact it doesnt look much like it at all apart from a few things and YOU CANT USE TOP LOADING STRIPPER CLIPS ON AN AK47 CRUNCH!

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                    Yeah but the whole bottom half looks different, as does the reloading mechanism. In fact it doesnt look much like it at all apart from a few things and YOU CANT USE TOP LOADING STRIPPER CLIPS ON AN AK47 CRUNCH!
                    I KNOW THAT! I OWN BOTH! The reloading mechanism isnt that different, its just heavier in the SKS and designed for stripper clips wheras the AK47 you can put a 30 round banana clip on it instead, real easy. You can actually do that to the SKS as well, but its a little harder.

The SKS body design is more toward a long rifle whereas the AK47 has a sleaker, more modern look to it. The thing is that when it comes to FPS games, the only part you see the most is the front end of the weapon and the animation would have stripper clips.

But in all honesty, the AK47 pretty much took over the roll the SKS had since the early 70s. Yes, you still see them and they are VERY cheap, but there are some big drawbacks to using them.

Besides, imagine how long it would take to load 3 zipper clips in a game?

Crunch

Comment

actually I thought it had taken the SKS's place earlier? then again, the -74 would have taken a while for it to be adopted...

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        actually I thought it had taken the SKS's place earlier? then again, the -74 would have taken a while for it to be adopted...
                        Yeah, it did take a while. Vietnam is what pushed it the most though and once Russia gave it to the middle east and China, off it went!

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                        X