• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warships are back?

* Prone
    * Jets
    * 64 Players for PC
    * 24 Players for consoles
    * Modern/Urban combat across the globe including Tehran, Paris, and New York
    * Vehicle warfare Destruction ????(including sea)* ????
    * Drag fallen teammates to safety
    * Single player campaign
    * USMC, EU, Russian, and MEC (or variant) factions
    * No Windows XP support
    * PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3
    * Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy announced at GDC '11

Source:
    This website is for sale! enterbf3.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, enterbf3.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

4 teams(factions) now? and i wonder what "including sea" means

kinda excited about the life bf3 is bringing to the forums,even if we all dont see eye to eye:salute:

Re: Warships are back?

Yes, its possible.

AND

Check this out:
    Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

More like jetski, zodiac and PTTB I think.

Comment

Lol the giant aircraft carrier on Wake Island is back, that's sea warfare lol.

Comment

We will just have to wait for the full reveal in March and see

Comment

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how they are going to keep gameplay fluid with 64 players and destructible environment, i cant imagine how a giant moving ship wont be lagging the hell out of a server like the titan in 2142. I would bet more on PBT, jetskis and the like.

Comment

I would love warships, but with destruction they could be WAY overpowered. They could just blow away every building ya know. :/

Comment

true... destruction and warships could lead to constant spamming of its guns... no fun
                or they could make some buildings indestructible, like the lighthouse in Valparaiso.

Comment

It would only work if the scaled things up,it wasnt that bad in 1942 somehow and they could alway downgrade the reload times to 40-60 seconds or something.

Comment

Or work in tandem with the commander, the guns becoming the artillery (and not some fixed artys deployed on a mini-island 50 meters near the enemies like Wake BF2) with shared cooldown, so no spam. Something like that.

Comment

that could be a good idea,that way the commander wont have pin point accuracy from above like in bf2.

Comment

Depending on how the destruction has been improved, one shot could blow the whole back of the building off, then another takes out the front and the building goes down. That spam could be really bad. But im sure there are some measures to prevent the spam. Maybe they are REALLY weak against buildings.

Comment

USS Wisconsin was decommissioned in 1992, the last serving Iowa class battleship, and the last serving battleship in the world. I doubt we will be seeing any shipborne artillery.

Comment

But they still have guns. Not broadsides, but enough to raise hell

Comment

All this came from the two words in the OP, so we better not get our hopes up if its just going to be jetski's "including sea". I know not to get my hopes up anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X