Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Features/Maps etc.

Source (via. D-Max): http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/990...imited_edition

Feel the battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new frostbite 2 gaming engine.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of frostbite™ 2, the next installment of dice’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.

In battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite US. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and new York.

Features:
    • Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

• Feel the battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• Unparalleled vehicle warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
    Wanted a place to discuss all this goodness specifically.

First, it appears there are going to maps in the US (New York? Sounds wild), and... France? Paris. Which is also wild, and Tehran which isn't surprising.

Also, the whole "mount your weapons on anything" looks pretty cool and something I always find to be fun and realistic when shooters implement it right, as well as the "drag your damaged enemies to safety" which could mean anything...

And then of course we have Jets...

So discuss!

Re: BF3 Features/Maps etc.

Well....comparing it to BF2, which everyone will be doing and probably rightfully so, the only new thing so far is Frostbite 2, which will give us the destruction and audio of BC2.

I want to know if the audio will still be rendered on the processor instead of soundcard.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Is that better...? haha.

Comment

Well...depends how you look at it.

Going only by the information that is accurate right now, its an updated BF2, which is what most people wanted, I think. I would like to see a bit more and the co-op addition makes me feel good. I liked co-op in CoD and thought it made the game interesting.

Crunch

Comment

Yea, I would be happy with an updated BF2 with destruction, and co-op does sound like fun.

Hopefully they don't go all worst case scenario from here on out.

Comment

Seems like we have a cool variety of maps, good point.

drag your fallen comrades into safety
            New medic system? Maybe it takes more time to reanimate someone so you need to do it in a secure place, so you can drag them to safety.

and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain.
            Almost any part of terrain, maybe it's like Red Orchestra, W:ET and some others where you can deploy your machinegun on certain surface. It would be nice that way, machinguns won't be an assaut rifle with a bigger magazine anymore.

The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
            Sea vehicles? It would be nice to have naval warfare with some destroyers and carriers you can move.

But maybe half of the new features will dissapear at release :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
              Almost any part of terrain, maybe it's like Red Orchestra, W:ET and some others where you can deploy your machinegun on certain surface. It would be nice that way, machinguns won't be an assaut rifle with a bigger magazine anymore.

But maybe half of the new features will dissapear at release :laugh:
              Ah yea. This. For both of those points. :P

Comment

So maybe its more like 1942 than BF2.

Didnt 1942 have a way to mount machine guns?

Crunch

Comment

I don't seem to remember that specifically...

Comment

"drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. "

this sounds good.

ommmggg am i the only one who is feeling a rush of exitement?!?!

Comment

Yes, I think you are the only one jimy, its very strange that everyone else has been kind of "meh" about it.

Crunch

Comment

I think the "dragging fallen comrades" thing might be implying a new mechanic for medics to revive people, doing away with the old method entirely, perhaps? I wouldn't be opposed to that, but it seems like it would be a pretty big change to the game.

I'm getting the impression that we'll be interacting more and more with the environment. BC2 was a huge step in that direction with Destruction 2.0 and all, I can only imagine they're working on making that sort of stuff more of a central aspect.

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Yes, I think you are the only one jimy, its very strange that everyone else has been kind of "meh" about it.

oh you.

Crunch

Comment

Am I the only one that find some of the "reactions" just slightly disturbing?

I think some of the kids need a girlfriend.

Comment

Unparalleled vehicle warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
                            Better not be singleplayer only.

Comment

That would be great, jets single player only

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X