No announcement yet.

3DS are you going to shell out 250 $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3DS are you going to shell out 250 $$?

Oh and also, look at this family fun going on:

Who doesnt want that kind of entertainment with xbox?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
      I do not purchase garbage.
      this

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        Oh and also, look at this family fun going on:

Who doesnt want that kind of entertainment with xbox?

Crunch

I am sure the insurance companies just loves this new fad.

I don't really think they can change much with the current generation of consoles. Most who were going to buy one already has, and new peripherals are not going to cause a mass migration from one platform to the other.

The real battle will be the next generation of consoles, and Nintendo better have some magic up their sleeves or they will be left in the dust.
        But contrary to certain others, I believe that 3D is the next big thing. IF they can make it work without goggles, brain-implants and so on. Just like the new 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki

The real battle will be the next generation of consoles, and Nintendo better have some magic up their sleeves or they will be left in the dust.
          But contrary to certain others, I believe that 3D is the next big thing. IF they can make it work without goggles, brain-implants and so on. Just like the new 3DS.
          Yeah, exactly! 3D or not, if Nintendo doesnt come out with a console that looks as good as Xbox and hopefully backwards compatible with Wii then, I think, they are in big trouble and the Nintendo Vs Sega will change to Microsoft Vs Sony.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah, even with all the money they do put into R&D I can't see them keeping up with either of the two.

They will probably end up staying focused on being cheap and target mostly kids.

Comment

Yeah, exactly! 3D or not, if Nintendo doesnt come out with a console that looks as good as Xbox and hopefully backwards compatible with Wii then, I think, they are in big trouble and the Nintendo Vs Sega will change to Microsoft Vs Sony.

Crunch
              I agree. Nintendo really needs to up the graphics capability of their next console. Hell who wants a Wii when the PS2 and Xbox can do the motion control thing now but with way better graphics. I know some people say graphics aren't everything and gameplay is but Wii games look like crap on a HDTV.

Comment

Yeah, Nintendo used to have *the* console, with the N64 with games like Goldeneye and whatnot. But they decided to go the "family route".

Comment

Man, I hijacked this thread

Sorry Red. I hope you forgive me.

Crunch

Comment

Man, I hijacked this thread

Sorry Red. I hope you forgive me.

Crunch
                    Aha! It's okay El Capatin.
                    I disagree with a lot of you, first it's not always about the graphics and second I play the wii more than my ps3 or xbox360.
                    Sure I get games like gears of war and god of war etc... but those just sit idle after I beat them. Now Wii on the other hand, it is played every weekend! Mario party! Mii party 4 player maniac games etc...

Also I don't think the new psp is going to do any damage because it will lack 3rd party support and games just like the old one. I bought a psp the first time it came out and ended trading it for a ds later on. Yeah its customizable with hacks and games but you just can't really beat ds rpgs and strategy games.
                    PSP is a joke and will always be. Sorry!

Comment

I might buy a 3DS once the price drops and they have a good selection of games. As it is, my DS lite is still going strong. Several hundred hours put on that thing and it's a beast. :rawr

Comment

Nah a friend of my bro gave him the DS and I played very few game and I hate those small screens. Unless there's some killers game with amazing 3D, the 3DS can rot away from me (just like the Wii).

Comment

I still take my "DS Phat" (bought on release day ) on long plane rides.

And let's not forget that there are still far more Nintendo Wii consoles sold than either the 360 or Ps3 (Even though the 360 was released a full year earlier). I don't think Nintendo is going to go the way of Sega... just yet at least. Certainly they've grown stale. I think it was a bad move to not have HD support for the Wii and I definitely think they need to stop relying on Mario and Link so much to generate revenue.

Nintendo's sales are down a lot, but I think that's because nothing new and great is really being created for the Wii these days. I haven't been attracted to game on in it over a year (although to be honest I mostly bought it for Zelda). When Skyward Sword (new Zelda game for Wii) comes out, I'm definitely gonna be busting out my Wii again.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                            I still take my "DS Phat" (bought on release day ) on long plane rides.

And let's not forget that there are still far more Nintendo Wii consoles sold than either the 360 or Ps3 (Even though the 360 was released a full year earlier). I don't think Nintendo is going to go the way of Sega... just yet at least. Certainly they've grown stale. I think it was a bad move to not have HD support for the Wii and I definitely think they need to stop relying on Mario and Link so much to generate revenue.

Nintendo's sales are down a lot, but I think that's because nothing new and great is really being created for the Wii these days. I haven't been attracted to game on in it over a year (although to be honest I mostly bought it for Zelda). When Skyward Sword (new Zelda game for Wii) comes out, I'm definitely gonna be busting out my Wii g\ikagain.
                            And lets also not forget that there are still more snobby kids with there parents than there are minimum wage teenagers who saves up 3 of there pay check for an over price system.
                            Nintendo has always risen to the challenge and again will always dominate. I won't be surprised if nintendo's new revolution system out sells the typical "oooh we got graphics and 4 hour game play" xbox1080 and ps4.

Comment

Launch titles suck, so no. Maybe when zelda and star fox come though.

Comment

Working...
                              X