No announcement yet.

3DS are you going to shell out 250 $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS are you going to shell out 250 $$?

I will buy it... eventually.
    As we all know nintendo likes to make a better version after only a few months.
    And we also know that nintendo doesn't like to lower their console prices so I'm just going to wait for the 3DSi lol

What about you guys?

Re: 3DS are you going to shell out 250 $$?

I do not purchase garbage.

Comment

The only thing that could tempt me would be an absolutely amazing 3D effect.

Comment

Nintendo is DEAD!

They just dont get it. They are letting their chance to regain some market slip through their hands.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          The only thing that could tempt me would be an absolutely amazing 3D effect.
          Because we really need companies shoving more 3d crap down our throats.

Comment

See, dead:

Crunch

Comment

Not with the new PSP coming out.

Could Nintendo go the way of Sega?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                Not with the new PSP coming out.

Could Nintendo go the way of Sega?
                Yes, I was JUST thinking that when I posted that last link. Nintendo only making Mario/Zelda games.

Crunch

Comment

I don't know when but I'm sure I'll buy it. There's just so many games coming out this year and a new console isn't on my list at the moment. Maybe I'll get it after Dead Space 2 and Portal 2.

I'm guessing you don't like most Nintendo games Crunch?

Comment

No, I love Nintendo. It was my first game system and I have a Wii. It just makes me mad that they didnt innovate their product. They focused on accessories instead of making an upgraded compatible system that could actually compete with Microsoft and Sony. Now those two consoles do the same thing the Wii does AND have a better store system, better graphics, better secondary features for TV and internet, and better exclusive game selection.

Its just me and I am no giant corporate CEO or anything, but they lost their focus and are about to be back in the position they were in before the Wii. They are focusing on "family fun", but guess what MS and Sony are going to do now?

Crunch

Comment

Yeah I don't think we know of everything Nintendo has been working on.

I've read that they've put more money into research and development recently than sony and microsoft combined.

Just saying, You don't make more money than the two other consoles then put 140 million into a new research and development department and instantly become dead.

Comment

Well, that is true. I think my emotions are getting the best of me as my childhood was about Nintendo.

Of course losing 74% of your net revenue sure doesnt help matters.

Crunch

Comment

Looks like you will get the rest of the 3DS features in May:

Crunch

Comment

Thats not really surprising. Consoles doesnt need upgardes, so the Wii market is pretty much saturated. And the DS sales are stalled while everybody waits for the 3DS.

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            No, I love Nintendo. It was my first game system and I have a Wii. It just makes me mad that they didnt innovate their product. They focused on accessories instead of making an upgraded compatible system that could actually compete with Microsoft and Sony. Now those two consoles do the same thing the Wii does AND have a better store system, better graphics, better secondary features for TV and internet, and better exclusive game selection.
                            I dont know. They do the same if you buy the addons.
                            When developing a game for the Wii-mote, you know that everybody with a Wii will have at least one.

But Kinectic and PS Move are only owned by a fraction of those who own the consoles, so does a developer really want to limit its market like that? sure you could design the game with support for both standard and enhanced controllers, but that usually ends up combining the limitations of them both.

Compare to the Wii Motion Plus addon which seems to have limited succes, probably because of the old Catch-22: Nobody makes games for it because nobody buys it because nobdy makes games for it.

Comment

Thats true, the problem is why buy the Wii when you can buy an Xbox or PS3 with their sensors? If I didnt own a Wii now and I was looking at the three consoles and what they have to offer and the options I want, I would buy Xbox. I wouldnt be able to play mario kart, as thats the only Wii exlusive game I have, but I think I would survive.

If I cared about BluRay, I would get the PS3. The hacks though would make me a little leary though.

I mean, I know with Wii, everyone has that controller, but motion is "the thing" right now and many will have the sensors for the other consoles just for the chance to do what Wii does without having to buy one.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X