First look at Planetside Next graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First look at Planetside Next graphics

It is not much, but screenshots of a couple of vehicles from the coming PlanetSide Next has been released:

The die-hard fans over at the official forums are going wild, but I must admit that I fear PlanetSide Next will just be a graphical update of the old PlanetSide.
    Dont get me wrong, it is a great game but it has been around for a very long time, if I dont get new weapons etc. I fear that I will lose interest soon.

Compare with the original vehicles:

Source: http://twitter.com/j_smedley

Re: First look at Planetside Next graphics

Most people today just want a graphical update to their games anyway. I think Planetside may be onto something.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah, gameplay is suffering for graphics.

I do not approve.

Comment

Whats Planetside? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          Most people today just want a graphical update to their games anyway. I think Planetside may be onto something.

Crunch
          Yes, but the Give-Me-Prone-Or-Give-Me-Death people have far superior numbers when compared to PlanetSide.
          The current PS playerbase is nowhere near big enough to support a new game. They desperately need something to draw in new players, and a quick paintjob wont do it.

For that matter, I imagine a lot if the current PS players wont be thrilled if they have to level up again just to get nicer visuals.

Ofcourse it may be an entirely new game, you cant base much on just two pictures.

Comment

I agree, whats Planetside?

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
              Whats Planetside? lol.
              Originally posted by The_Eliminator
              I agree, whats Planetside?
              Is that a serious question, or are you just mocking a doomed game?

Anyway, it is an old MMOFPS. Kind of like BF with infantry,armor and aircraft. Just on a bigger scale and in a sci-fi setting

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Yes, but the Give-Me-Prone-Or-Give-Me-Death people have far superior numbers when compared to PlanetSide.
                The current PS playerbase is nowhere near big enough to support a new game. They desperately need something to draw in new players, and a quick paintjob wont do it.

For that matter, I imagine a lot if the current PS players wont be thrilled if they have to level up again just to get nicer visuals.

Ofcourse it may be an entirely new game, you cant base much on just two pictures.
                Yeah thats true and you bring up a good point. Would a game, like PS or BF3 or even CoD, get a much larger player base if it is an upgrade and your rank stays? Its a new game, but your profile follows it.

WoW does something like that, doesnt it? IDK for sure.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I would rather just restart with a new game... and if they wanted to get more players they should just advertise more. I've honestly never heard of it before, and neither have any of my gaming buddies.

Comment

I havent heard of it before and it looks awesome!

Comment

The game had a huge potential but many flaws, and I hated the giant power rangers robots they added. In the end if it's only a graphical update I won't bother.

Comment

Looks like Avatar ripped them off lol

Comment

Bump because they released a new image.

I resubscribed, partly in hope of getting into the beta.
                          But I simply can not have fun in that game anymore. It takes ages to find combat, and I must have a 1/20 K/D ratio in infantry combat.
                          It could have something to do with the fact that they have merged all servers into a single one in the US.
                          Whatever the reason, I am going to drop my subscription again.

Comment

I played this game back in high school, my friend got it and when i go there i would play it. the game is nice but i am quite skeptical when it comes to paying a monthly fee for a game.

Comment

Working...
                            X