X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.04 update hit the PC last night

1/20/11
    PC Patch 1.05

• MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
    • Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
    • Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
    • Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
    • Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
    • Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
    • Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
    • Prevention of various exploits.
    • Objective markers localized for all languages.
    • Various stability improvements

Mixed reviews so far. It didn't help my stuttering much, if at all.

EDIT: I fat-fingered the wrong version number in the thread title. According to Treyarch, this is 1.05 even though it's missing all of the gameplay tweaks that the Xbox got a month ago.

Re: 1.04 update hit the PC last night

Looks like this patch may have fixed the remove of dynamic foliage tweak (judging from complaints on other forums) which is a good thing. Happy to report, no fog tweak still working, otherwise my fps would be cut in half.

Comment

Haven't noticed anything different aside from the blue markers for friends. Oh and now when you call in stuff the full playercard can be seen, not just a grey box with the emblem.

Comment

So is there any help for performance? Because my game still runs like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
          So is there any help for performance? Because my game still runs like crap.
          Some people say theirs improved. Nothing changed on my system, still runs like crap with long load times.

GTX460 TOP @800MHz core 4000MHz (DDR) memory
          C2Q@ 3.25GHz
          4GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
          1TB WD Caviar Black
          X-Fi Fatal1ty
          Win7 x64

Comment

Wow, you got even more shafted than I did.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              Some people say theirs improved. Nothing changed on my system, still runs like crap with long load times.

GTX460 TOP @800MHz core 4000MHz (DDR) memory
              C2Q@ 3.25GHz
              4GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
              1TB WD Caviar Black
              X-Fi Fatal1ty
              Win7 x64
              So i'm guessing this game was made for slow old pc's. lol My game run's maxed at 1440x900 with no issues in gameplay at all with these specs....

Dual Core 1.8
              2gb's DDR RAM
              GTS250
              Win XP

Comment

Originally posted by KINGDarkyDizzle
                So i'm guessing this game was made for slow old pc's. lol My game run's maxed at 1440x900 with no issues in gameplay at all with these specs....

Dual Core 1.8
                2gb's DDR RAM
                GTS250
                Win XP
                Some other people and I think Expletive as well, brought up that if you dump quad core and Windows 7, the game runs really well. Someone did a test where they Installed Windows XP 32bit and their issues went away. Someone else changed the Affinity in Task Manager so BLOPS would not run on all the cores and, for them, it worked.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It runs the same for me, but mine was smooth anyway. My system is relatively new. i7 920 @ 2.66, 260 GTX SLI, 12 GB DDR3, Windows 7. Playing maxed on 1920 x 1200.

The only things I really noticed were the alternate name tags, which I actually prefer over the blue/red ones, and that the player cards always show.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by KINGDarkyDizzle

Dual Core 1.8
                    2gb's DDR RAM
                    GTS250
                    Win XP
                    WHAT THE HELL. lkdjlskjadpojdspasodjasd

I'm running a dual 2.2, a 9800GTX, 2GB of RAM with Win 7 at 1440 x 900 and its runs like absolute crap even on low settings. I could run CoD4 and WaW on all high no problem, and MW2 on just about all high. Keep in mind I like my gameplay smoother than most.

Comment

At this point I'd settle for a steady 60FPS on medium settings at 1680x1050. Even though I can play MW2 on all high at around 125FPS at 1920x1080. And BFBC2 rarely drops below 60FPS at mostly high, a few mediums for visibility purposes, DX11, 1920x1080... There is something seriously wrong with something here.

Comment

I play BC2 on all low just because I like it to be smooth and so I can see people. I could play it on medium to high if I needed to.

EDIT: And BC2 is on another level when it comes to graphics, BO is built off an old engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                          I play BC2 on all low just because I like it to be smooth and so I can see people. I could play it on medium to high if I needed to.

EDIT: And BC2 is on another level when it comes to graphics, BO is built off an old engine.
                          EXACTLY!!!
                          So why is BFBC2 running smooth as Soju ****s while BO runs like someone chewed sunflower seed shells instead of popping the kernels out?
                          An untested console port engine on DX11, with destruction, is running better than some DX9 Quake III engine ****. How does that even happen? And how do people justify it?

I can understand when a game that brings new tech into the mix, like BFBC2, has some hiccoughs. When something that was never broken suddenly gets "fixed?" What kind of moron made these decisions and tested this game on the PC? Who thought it would be a good idea to screw it up so badly that an AMD X3 is the MINIMUM requirement for a ****ing Q3 game? I want names and Twitter profiles, goddamn it!

Comment

They're getting lazy or being pushed too much by Activision.

Comment

Mehhrr, I think I'm gonna try to contact them or something. I'll probably get shafted again... but still.

Comment

Working...
                              X