The best BC2 Frag Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best BC2 Frag Videos

Hey, I am going to start playing this game very soon. To learn some skills in BC2, I am looking for the very best BC2 frag videos that have been created so far.

I haven't been able to find any BC2 vids by the old BF2 pros such as sarciss, hintakaari xkullx and cleansweep.

Good frag vids should contain fast paced kill streaks and consistent headshots. I'm not interested in vehicles right now, just infantry.

Do you know of some pro skills bc2 frag vids?

Re: The best BC2 Frag Videos

As a video maker for 6 years, there's something I need you to know:

Good frags come very rarely, a lot of uncontrollable circumstances must play in your favor. In addition to your own PC.

Not all makers of frag videos are skilled, some happen to get the chance to catch the SICKEST move ever. But I acknowledge that some can do it consistently.

Recording will cause lag for your PC, which translates into decreasing performance. Which means good frags are rare when recording.

Do not imply that the maker of a good frag video is pro, some are just good edits, or luck.

Editing can take out many things, things that they don't want viewers to see. As well as speeding up shots to make it look consistent.

Keep in mind.

---------------------------------------------

We'll here are my videos, the most recent ones. Featuring some kill streaks, some luck, some idiot enemies, and some headshots.

I am a recon wh0re, using bolt-action to drag shoot enemies. Similar to Sarciss and hintakarri's technique, if not the same. Just in BFBC2.

Comment

Thanks for the informative post, the videos and the reminder that pro vid does not always equal pro player. I know where you're coming from as a frag vid maker myself http://www.youtube.com/ali3nzw00t

I watched your videos and have some questions for you. First off, nice dragshots and editing.

Does 1 shot to the chest = death, or is it still only headshot 1shot1kill?
      How long have you been playing bc2 and did you play bf2 before bc2?
      Does bc2 not have a inbuilt recording system like cod/cs? - Did you use fraps to record?
      What fps did you get when recording and what is your system specs?
      The hit reg looks way better then BF2 but what is the hit reg like in comparison to call of duty?

Comment

Okay let me answer it one by one.

1) Does 1 shot to the chest = death, or is it still only headshot 1shot1kill?

I believe all sniper rifles (bolt-action) does 50 dmg after certain ranges (50 m I think). Some enemies were wounded when I shot them in the chest from far.

Any shot within 15 m (about the interior of a room) is one shot kill from boltaction rifles. Except with body armor. 105 dmg pt blank and within the distance I specified.

Headshots are always lethal from a bolt action, HOWEVER! From experience, shots from Semi-auto snipers such as T88S, SVU need 2 shots to the head to drop someone. These semi-autos have 25 dmg from beyond 50 m, and 39 dmg to chest within it. 3 shots will drop a person usually (again without body armor).

The automatic sniper, VSS, requires 2 shots to the head.

EDIT: damage to chest vary with boltactions, BUT THEY ARE NOT ONE SHOT KILL on any freshly spawned infantry in softcore. HARDCORE games are one shot kill, two shot from semi-auto.

2) How long have you been playing bc2 and did you play bf2 before bc2?

I've been playing BFBC2 since March, took breaks from May to August 2010.

I did play BF2142 consistently, but it was gunship flying. Nothing of the drag shot.

BF2 I play occasionally, using M24 to drag shoot as well. That was about 2 years ago.

3) Does bc2 not have a inbuilt recording system like cod/cs? - Did you use fraps to record?

I use Fraps and Game Claw, to my knowledge, I don't know any built in recording system.

4) What fps did you get when recording and what is your system specs?

I set Fraps to 100 fps recording, which translates to 32-36 while running on 1280 x 1024. All setting medium, HBAO = off, 2 x AA

I have 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Stock 965, XFX 5850 Stock.

5) The hit reg looks way better then BF2 but what is the hit reg like in comparison to call of duty?

I don't play COD (at least multiplayer). Compare to BF2142 and BF2, it is better.

But take into account the server latency, I had about 50 ping - 60 ping when recording. Hit boxes are consistent under those conditions.

However, there were cases where I dragged too fast, the enemy soldier flinched from my shot but the damage wasn't done.

Hitreg is even better in BFBC2:Vietnam.

Note: Semi-auto snipers have hitreg inconsistencies sometimes. I see it when I use T88S. I hit the guy dead on, he flinched, but no registry.

---------------

In terms of scope zoom speed, it is about the same as BF2 rifles. However, M95 has 2 second zoom which is why I don't use it to drag. (or do anything for that matter).

If you add 4X or red dot, all scope speed becomes 1 second.

I recommend you to use M24 if you want to drag shot in BFBC2 (its handling characteristics are very identical to BF2, just a louder BANG when firing), then once you are familiar with the hitreg, use SV98.

Comment

I also recommend you to look at the videos of SGT.ENIGMA from clan AOD. Just youtube SGT.ENIGMA, his channel is KingKurmaForever (I think)

He is also one of the best drag shot snipers in the game.

NoobSoldat is another good one. He is German and plays BF2 as well.

Comment

Thanks a lot for answering my questions and recommending those channels.

Those were exactly the kind of vids I was looking for.

Excellent

I'll probably make my own eventually.

Comment

Much more impressed with NooberSoldat's video - he looks like someone who takes the gamer seriously and has a great deal of skill.

Enigma, while obviously good, just looks like another bang bang bunnyhopper to me. I consider that an immature form of play and not how an adult should play the game. He'd probably get banned on most of the servers where I play.

Comment

Yea, NooberSoldat or whatever was better. Enigma just looked like he was getting lucky and was playing really bad players haha.

I would make videos like that... except my computer isn't good enough haha. The bolt action snipers are really all preference. I can't stand using the SV98, and I lean more towards the GOL. It reminds me of the AWP. :P

Comment

Remember what I've said in the second post.

Video is in some respects similar to photos, and is prone to editing. Just like Photoshop, yet harder because the moving frames.

We can't judge a player just on one video, some videos are badly done but they players who makes them are decent. Some videos are almost TV quality, but the players behind it are average.

Make sure you distinguish between these two.

1) Player skill
                  2) Video Editing skill

Comment

If you play the game enough you know when someone is good or not... I'm not sure how its even possible to mistake something like good editing for good playing. Its not like this is a complex process.

Comment

Working...
                    X