Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you wish for BOT Support/COOP for BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wish for BOT Support/COOP for BF3?

Just as the tittle says, feel free to comment aswell if you want to explain you do or dont wish for it in the game

Re: Do you wish for BOT Support/COOP for BF3?

No, like I said in the other thread, it wastes resources that could be used on the strong sides of the game.
    What would you be willing to trade for bots and coop?
    Fewer maps? Release delayed 6 months? Reduced number of vehicles and weapons?

All that to get 5 hours of SP and bots that are either cheating or mind-numbing stupid. To bad if people cant play BF online, but a crippled offline BF will be inferior anyway, compared to all the "real" SP games out there.

Comment

Well Bf2 was online only and it did well. There are many games that do not have bot and/or co-op that do or has done well also. I say leave bot/co-op to consoles only. And to answer your question, I voted no.

Comment

Kool, thanks a lot for the reply guys, weither or not i agree with ya'll still good to see peoples opinions on this, would you guys prefer not have LAN then? and just make it purely online only?

Ya saw what you said before Vreki, I dont quite how you see by adding bots takes this huge amount of rescources away from the games production personally, as the SP campaines for both BC's, have the AI all there, its just a matter of creating the AI nav mesh's, and path findings as the majority of the AI code is actually already in the game engine. If they released the tools to the modding community could do it them selfs like they did for BF2, it wouldn't cost any production time at all like you think it would. Dont quite see why you think AI is for consoles Stilla-killa? kind of a weird thing to say if you ask me, BF has never had a crippled offline play in my book, but i definitely respect ya views man.

Comment

SP bots usually rely on scripting, numerical superiority and "cheating" to give you an immersive experience.
          But place them in an open environment like a full BF game, and their stupidity will be shining through.

BF is all about online, adding bots is like giving a bicycle to a fish, rather pointless.

SP (and by association, COOP) on the other hand is directly harmful, due to the massive resource drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            SP bots usually rely on scripting, numerical superiority and "cheating" to give you an immersive experience.
            But place them in an open environment like a full BF game, and their stupidity will be shining through.

BF is all about online, adding bots is like giving a bicycle to a fish, rather pointless.

SP (and by association, COOP) on the other hand is directly harmful, due to the massive resource drain.
            LOL what? directly harmful? you have to be joking right? how is having any kind of SP experience even remotely harmful to a game? the original battlefields, the ones that actually MADE the whole franchise what it is today, had this, and was "widely" loved by an enourmous amount of ppl and communities, just go onto the main BC2 forums there were plenty of people that wanted the bot support included for it on the pc for a whole wide range of reasons. BF at its core is generally a MP game, but that doesn't mean it is restricted to online only, never pointless man.

here, take a look at this website

Battlefield Singleplayer, home of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142 Single Player Modding. The place to go for Battlefield related related AI Modding and Mapping.

might help give some incite to how bots can contribute a LOT to the "fun" factor, they dont have to be absolutely amazing, you want that, then you seriously CAN go online for the competition heh, there are some amazing players out there. This community works night and day for the bots in BF2, had nothing to do with dice, and i would be more then okay if they let us "the community" do the work for the bots aswell, just give us the the tools and we'll do it, no probs

Comment

It is harmful because there is a limited amount of resources available to develop a game, both in form of time, money and experienced developers.
              If 30% to 50% of those resources are spent on a single player campaign, then the multiplayer part will be that much weaker.
              Usually I will spend 5-8 hours on the SP campaign and 100+ on MP, so you can see why I think that is a bad deal.

Comment

i'd just rather not have a campaign at all actually, just to bring back the sandbox singleplayer from the original games back and of course bots for lan. It does take time to code and make bots of course, but i think you underestimate just how many people dice has working on BF3, it would be no where near 30-50% of resources, it'd be 2 maybe 3 guys at most coding that, the development of a game is broken into about 10 different departments and wouldn't slow the production time down as much you might think.

DICE have been doing this for the best part of a decade now, they know how to make a strong MP, it really wouldn't suffer trust me on that...

Comment

I disagree with Vreki and stilla. Bot support is useful for people like me who want to practice before going head on into full multiplayer. Screw singleplayer campaigns, I'd rather play with bots for practice, even if its just minor. If they just have a small scale SP for now, and maybe release bot tools in mod tools later that would be great, also, Bots are good for the modding community for the small scale mods as well.

Comment

I don't think coop will eat much ressources from the development considering the AI is already made (BC1 & 2), all that is left is making navmeshes for maps and it's fast. Plus it don't have to be of extreme quality you can have the bot just run one way and not take alternatives paths, because in coop you're just slaughtering bots anyways not making strategic decisions (I know I played a lot of coop in BF1942).

But if there's modding tools avalaible then it will be good to have bots for exotic mods to use, like the one in BF2/2142 where you have to repel a horde of zombie.

Comment

Working...
                    X