Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty Pay-to-Play in the next 3 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Pay-to-Play in the next 3 months.

From the article it doesn't look like it effects Black Ops, but since there is no general COD discussion. Read this on Kotaku, while normally this would interest me, right now I'm in no mood to pay for a game on a monthly bases or in any other respect (full time student again ). Analysts are predicting that with in the next 3 months Activision will be launching somekind of a stand alone CoD multiplayer game with a tiered premium service. Now before you go, "no word or wind of anything like this" don't forget rumors have been going around that they had been working on a Pay-to-Play game, but everyone assumed it would be BOps mp until they stated it wouldn't be.

Only reason this kinda tickles my fancy is to see a MW2 server based or multiple era mp (WWII, Vietnam and Modern levels).

Re: Call of Duty Pay-to-Play in the next 3 months.

People have already made MW2 "server based." Either way, I'm just about CoD'd out.

Comment

A few months back, when asked what his one wish would be for his company, Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said “I would have Call of Duty be an online subscription service tomorrow,” which understandably had gamers worried that Call of Duty's multiplayer modes might come with an added monthly fee in future. Activision have spoken out today to firmly put an end to those rumours.

So unless he's a lying scumbag or they had a major change of philosophy, I doubt it.

Maybe they are doing something like BFP4F? But for CoD.

Comment

There's a 0% chance I would buy a subscription based game, even if it was a CoD game. They would most likely lose a lot of money if they try it.

Comment

Originally posted by '[Expletive Deleted
          Either way, I'm just about CoD'd out.
          This.

Comment

What, making billions isn't enough?

Comment

you know what i say? they're a bunch or *ssh*les

Comment

Working...
              X