Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Important Weapon Adjustments or Bug Fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Important Weapon Adjustments or Bug Fixes?

The great part is that people don't realize how effective it is... they see "lol boat wtf" and then run away to die without realizing there is a double .50 cal death laser on the front of it.

The thing is devastating, get behind the attacking team on the temple map and steal it when it spawns... you can mow down whole teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      The thing is devastating, get behind the attacking team on the temple map and steal it when it spawns... you can mow down whole teams.
      Thats one thing I learned playing on the NVA side, steal the GIs stuff and set traps, lots of them

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Weapons are fine! went on a piro spree yesterday with the flamethrower lol,people dont even realize there on fire haha.I killed heaps

Comment

You can also be heashotted from RPK and others in the gunner seat so unless the enemy team is bad you need to stay back with the boat and hope no one is going to jump in and rush the frontline.

Comment

Don't see any major weapons/ vehicles balance issues. There are just 2 bugs that I would like fixed one major, one minor.

The major bug is with voice chat, I know it works, because over these last 9 months it has worked, but like 3-5 times only. I remember how it didn't even work properly for like a year or two in BF2, but once it was fixed it added a lot to the game being able to properly communicate with team mates. In this game with out the com rose, using the context sensitive voice binds is okay, but voice chat would really help the team work in this game, with squads that aren't on their own separate vent/ team speak.

The minor bug is the reload text, it's been around for a few patches, and you can clear it by just going near a vehicle or weapon emplacement, I don't really care, but I would like to at least know if it's being looked into at all.

Frankly I'm just happy we have tracers back, and the half darkend screen is fixed. I don't get lag/ hit box issues in vanilla or vietnam, so I'm pretty happy, especially after thinking back to the instability of the first 2-3 years of BF2, and even 2142 at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by sithdemon
              Don't see any major weapons/ vehicles balance issues. There are just 2 bugs that I would like fixed one major, one minor.

The major bug is with voice chat, I know it works, because over these last 9 months it has worked, but like 3-5 times only. I remember how it didn't even work properly for like a year or two in BF2, but once it was fixed it added a lot to the game being able to properly communicate with team mates. In this game with out the com rose, using the context sensitive voice binds is okay, but voice chat would really help the team work in this game, with squads that aren't on their own separate vent/ team speak.

The minor bug is the reload text, it's been around for a few patches, and you can clear it by just going near a vehicle or weapon emplacement, I don't really care, but I would like to at least know if it's being looked into at all.

Frankly I'm just happy we have tracers back, and the half darkend screen is fixed. I don't get lag/ hit box issues in vanilla or vietnam, so I'm pretty happy, especially after thinking back to the instability of the first 2-3 years of BF2, and even 2142 at the start.
              you hit the nail on the head. VOIP needs to be fixed immediately and the reload text should be an easy fix. these two and toning down the headshots should do wonders for the game

Comment

I don't mind reload text, but VOIP will definitely invite teamwork.

I just hope we don't get screaming 12-year-olds.

Comment

Yeah, gimme voip, gimme voip.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindMan McStevie
                    Yeah, gimme voip, gimme voip.
                    i guess you would really need voip being blind.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I hate to burst you rguys' bubbles, but there aren't going to be anymore tweaks, fixes, patches, or maps for BC2/Vietnam.

It was only meant as a stop gap anyway and it's served its purpose.

DICE is moving on to BF3.

Comment

That could be true, but the only thing mentioned is no more maps or expansions for BC2. They may stop there and consider this game done, but then that would mean Zh1nt0 lied about fixes in his tweet, and zh1nt0 dont lie.

Crunch

Comment

Sudden change of plans?

Maybe they saw they've reaped all the profit from BFBC2, therefore no more is possible/

But what about Deluxe edition?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            That could be true, but the only thing mentioned is no more maps or expansions for BC2. They may stop there and consider this game done, but then that would mean Zh1nt0 lied about fixes in his tweet, and zh1nt0 dont lie.

Crunch
                            I wouldn't say he was lying, but business priorities change - we all know that. A team working one project gets pulled away for another project.

How's that 2142 patch coming?

Comment

Thats true

They just stop mentioning it and hope it goes away, never to be discussed again.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X