Direct 3D error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct 3D error...

Whenever I start COD single player it crash's before it even gets to the main menu, I get an error message that says "Direct3DDevice9:Present failed: Driver Internal error"
    Ive reinstalled the game twice now, updated all my drivers and shut off all background programs before starting the game. Ive contacted activions and have done everything they told me to do and the game still crash's.

when I try to play multi player i can get to the main menu but then it just locks up and i have to restart my computer.

any help would be appreciated. This is a picture of the entire error message.
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Re: Direct 3D error...

You run Avira Antivirus? If so, disable it or uninstall and try it again.

Also, what OS and system are you running?

I also found an article where someone had bad RAM and it caused the problem. You can download Memtest+ and make a bootable CD and test your memory.

It also seems to affect ATI cards more than NVidia. Most people have everything up to date and still get the error. So unless your drivers are really really outdated, I wouldnt bother with doing that.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well i did the memory test and there were no errors, I have an 8800GT running Windows Xp sp3.I have avast and Ive tried shutting that down and starting the game it still crash's

Comment

how old is ur 8800GT? it might be worn out by now and in need of a replacement. those things get hot very easily and the microfractures will catch up eventually. happened twice with mine actually and i had to get a new card.

Comment

Working...
        X