Does Rank make a difference.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Rank make a difference.

Do you get better team players and better tactical players the higher the rank?
    Or is it once a noob always a noob?
    Do teams with a majority of higher rank player win because they have the better weapons and perks?
    What makes the difference, bullets or experience?

Re: Does Rank make a difference.

Yes you get better players with higher ranks because they earned more experience about the game, even if the player isn't good with time he knows the map, the weapons etc.

As for perks players using magnum ammo/body armor are obviously at advantage vs players with none.

Comment

I agree with Infernalis IF their rank is legit and not padded.

Its also true on unlocks help a lot. So someone level 25 has a lot more to contribute than a 7.

Ive seen some players start with new soldiers and they are very good because they know the game and the weapons and the maps, but they cant give ammo or revive. Of course it seems that neither can the higher level players

So I would think it would depend more on the person than the rank and how smart they use their kits.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah.

When I make a squad, low level players tend to join mine and leave their old squad full of lv 20s and 30s.

Rank make a huge difference in experience, since you need X amount of exp to get that rank, and exp = time spent playing the game.

Comment

when you reach lvl 50 though, you need no more points so you might not be doing things to earn points as much as a lvl 30 guy would. i know i was trying to heal/resupply/revive more when i needed points to rank up. now that i'm lvl 50, there's no motivation to play, let alone play for points.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            when you reach lvl 50 though, you need no more points so you might not be doing things to earn points as much as a lvl 30 guy would. i know i was trying to heal/resupply/revive more when i needed points to rank up. now that i'm lvl 50, there's no motivation to play, let alone play for points.
            Most lv 50s I encounter are ninja at dodging bullets, rambo at taking flags, and Napoleon in predicting enemy movements.

Comment

I have slaughtered many a level 50. I honestly don't even look at ranks in any game...

Comment

Ranks? Holy crap, thats right, its a ranked game... Thats why I was levelling up and gaining fancy new weapons...

In short, I agree with kylee.

Comment

When a team roll over the other one the winner team consists mostly of high levels vs lower levels, it's very rare when it's the opposite. Ranks are only an indicator of how much time you played (lvl50 = ~300h+), not an indicator of skills. Still it would be better if the game also balanced the team around levels (after the players count), it's annoying when all high levels are stacking together.

Comment

rank makes no difference

Player Skill + time played is what's important.

A good player who hasn't played much will be worse than one that has

but a bad player who has played a lot will still be worse than a good player who hasn't.

Comment

rank doesn't really make a difference skill wise, but typically I think if someone is rank 50 then there is simply a higher chance they could be a half decent player, nothing more

a lot of rank 50s I come across for example are braindeads and lately I have been finding and playing with much more valuable and skilled players who were lower rank

Comment

Mid-rankers are usually the team players.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                          Mid-rankers are usually the team players.
                          Im finding that very true with myself. I mean I still give orders and revive and ammo and repairs and you name it, but now if I find my squad not helping out, I change my tactics and play the way I want to play instead of for the team. I've become jaded where if they want to lose, I let them. In Battlefield, even Bad Company, one person cant win alone. Unlike CoD.

Crunch

Comment

Where it makes a difference is in tactics and experience on the maps - knowing the paths of travel, chokepoints, offensive/defensive schemes, etc.

Toys and gadgets don't really make much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                              Where it makes a difference is in tactics and experience on the maps - knowing the paths of travel, chokepoints, offensive/defensive schemes, etc.

Toys and gadgets don't really make much of a difference.
                              I agree with the first part, but I dont really with the second because would it not make a difference to bring people back from the dead instead of waiting for respawn who knows where or running out of ammo and being able to reload? Or do those things not count as toys or gadgets?

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X