Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the overdue 2142 patch

I hope they finally manage to release this bugger
    So we got our programmer back to work on BF2142 1.51 and he fixed the server problem we had remaining and are sending out the servers to the Beta server providers today.

Tomorrow 17th December 2010 will see the release of hopefully the last BF2142 1.51 Beta and will run until mid-January 2011 where we'll decide, based on your feedback, if it is final and ready for release.

I'll update this post with download links when I have them but you'll generally be able to pick the new client up at Fileplay tomorrow.

The only changes have have been server side but the client had to be updated to have the version numbers match.

As long as there are no major issues in the update like new constant crashes, black screens, server failure etc then this will also be the version that is released as final so you won't need to install another version after.

This v1.51 update contains:
    No DRM on the BF2142.exe file
    Northern Strike free for everyone
    Whole bunch of new maps including Strike at Karkand 2142 and Operation Blue Pearl.
    Account security updates
    More...

Re: Update on the overdue 2142 patch

cool but i'm gonna avoid your servers. no fun getting raped by gunships.

Comment

ah *shrugs* i guess I can't help you with that.

all our servers are not related to gunships. Karkand doesn't have any gunships on it last i checked.

Comment

Question is will this be enough to bring back a already dead game.*

*The game being dead is my opinion but you might not see it as such.

Comment

it probably won't be striving like its early days for sure, but given that there are millions and millions of users on steam, I'm sure many will purchase it from steam. Not to forget all the familiar faces returning like myself.

Comment

Oh they are going to put the game on Steam? I might have to get it again then.

Comment

BF2142 might be mostly dead, but it's not much worse off than Medal of Honor and that came out just a few months ago.

I'd play BF2142 again if it got a patch. I never played it all that much in the first place, though.

Comment

if they're smart, they'd put the game on steam and do one of those weekend steam sales for 50% or more off. it will help boost the online population that they chased away by not fixing server crashing and exploits.

Comment

Still not returning, my gunship flying days are over.

Nice to see ya FAST.

Amaranthen

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    Oh they are going to put the game on Steam? I might have to get it again then.
                    ya i mean if you are DICE, you still want to make money from it so the only way to do that really is steam. Probably be cheap and you do get NS for free.

I have never even played NS before. Well beta testing was my first time

Karkand was super fun. I even heard that some DICE guys still prefer 2142 over bc2 :P

Comment

I wasn't able install until i did this:

"You already have a newer version installed" error
                      If you are getting this error when trying to install the 1.51 patch you need to go into your windows registry and edit the following.

Hit start and type REGEDIT in to the search bar and hit enter

goto:
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142

for Vista 64: or W7 64:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE - Wow6432Node - Electronic Arts - EA Games - Battlefield 2142

edit:
                      'Version' to 1.50

I did this and was able to install but i keep getting modified content errors when trying to enter beta servers.

Comment

I just downloaded and installed the latest patch but there are no servers at all to play on.

Comment

Yea I've tried at different times of the day, nobody feels like waiting for a server to fill. The only way this could work is if we organize times to play. On the 2142 EA UK forums we're trying to do so.

Comment

By the time they actually release this patch, I'll be deployed again. Then when I come home, the game will be dead all over again.

The same thing happened when the game came out. I got deployed right after it came out, by the time I got back to the States the game was mostly dead and CoD4 was out.

Comment

I dont really get what is so dead about 2142. Other than the fact that its hard to find good maps populated.

Comment

Working...
                              X