Last CoD you will buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last CoD you will buy?

Is this the last CoD game you will purchase? I only ask because BO's has been out for almost a month now and we all know it has been plagued by problems. The thing that frustrates me most though is that the developers have been working with the same engine for the past 3 years now and still release a game that is full of the SAME bugs, do they not learn?

Personally i was one of those suckers who fell for the FFOW bandwagon when it came out but to me BO's feels even less optimized than that game ever did.

Plenty of us are still trying to simply get into a game that isnt filled with stuttering issues and lag and it just makes me wonder, is this poor form on Treyarchs part?

The fact that i cant even play the game if anyone else in the household is using the internet other than myself completely infuriates me. Mixed with the half ass attempt at creating a "new" CoD that when squinted at looks exactly the same as the previous 3, i simply dont see any motivation in purchasing anything else from the franchise.

Maybe im just being bitter that the game i already payed over the odds for is a steaming pile of ****.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Last CoD you will buy?

I said I would buy it for the sp only but not so sure if I wull but the next one if it is the same old same old. 5-6 hour sp campaign. Not worth 60 bucks to me.

Comment

It depends on how bored I am.
      I dont expect much from that series anymore.

Comment

Depends on the direction the series goes. BO is still a solid game in terms of gameplay imo, the best since CoD4, but I have a hard time seeing future titles keep up.

Comment

lol, they probably do that so, as they arleady have solutions to those same problems and bugs that allways happen, they release the games with those problems so they can fix them and show people they are doing something, but their not, cause it has already been done. get it?

Comment

I probably won't buy another one until they start using a new engine so the gameplay is different. Or maybe if they make everything like CoD4 (servers particularly). I will "get my hands on the games" to play the single player though.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

i think the new generation of consoles will have to come out before we see a COD game on a new engine. unfortunately, console players are happy playing on ancient gaming systems with obsolete graphics and physics engines.

i might get the next COD depending on how good BF3 is.

Comment

we'll see... i'm more weary than ever to buy another CoD after the poor performing blackops.

Comment

My last CoD game was WAW, so I'm not getting my hopes up for the next.

Comment

The thing is that this forum is full of smart people. Whereas looking at the majority of people who bought the game and will continue to do so are, well, not smart. Look at it this way - everyone is jumping on the COD bandwagon because they "think" it is the right thing to do, looking past what the game actually is.
                    For all we know the next COD could come smeared in **** and people would still buy it simply because it has Call of Duty written on it.

Comment

I'm sure we are all very smart and all, but this forum is more pc based. Cod shifted to console and those numbers are huge. When I read through posts about BO, it was console players wanting the next cod because they were bored with mw2.

Also black ops was a huge financial success. They will get it all worked out. I do wonder if the lag is a lot with the single provider.

As for me, I will keep.buying, but it may be way after release. I haven't bought this yet.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Last CoD was WaW, I would like to see a new good CoD for PC and buy it, but it doesn't seem to be going that way for the industry.

Comment

Did not buy this game for the sole reason of paying a company that pumps out the same game every year or two.

Comment

the main reason i got it was the fps scene was pretty dead on the PC as of late. and i don't really play games of any other genre. BC2 got old for me and i needed a new game. and when D2D had that $15 off coupon code making black ops $45, i jumped on it. kinda sad that black ops is already old and stale and it's only been a month. luckily BC2 came out with a new map pack and soon we'll have vietnam.

Comment

Probably my last.
                              It is quite disappointing as MW2 had over 300 hours of play time for me, black ops was a mere 50.
                              I will have to see the next game in the series to make up my mind, the Devs need to distant themselves from the current setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X