Impressions of new maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions of new maps?

So what do you guys think of the new BC2 maps? Which one is your favorite?

I have only played Harvest day so far and it kind of reminded me of the one from Armored Fury. Downside was that there were a lot of snipers but which map doesn't have a lot of those lol.

EDIT: Operation Harvest was the map I was thinking about from BF2:AF. It had 6 control flags to capture on 32 player size where the new one only has 4. Damn you consoles lol.

Re: Impressions of new maps?

Heavy Metal is too narrow. I'd like some more flags to be in those hills too. Hill attacks FTW.

Comment

Everytime a new patch comes out i loose fps.

Comment

Heavy Metal is awesome, its really huge. Flying around it in a chopper made me feel like I was playing BF2.

Oasis was my favorite map in BC1 for Rush and now it will be carried over for BC2 haha. Such a good map, as is Harvest Day, which is lots of fun after getting past the first MCOM set.

Lastly, Cold War is really tiny and intense, the bigger servers should stay away from it, but its much better than White Pass, or Nelson Bay IMO. Good infantry action.

Comment

Cold War = tiny and brutal map. At the last mcoms I just had to throw some grenades in the general direction of the enemies to rack frags. Still fun nonetheless.

Heavy Metal = Big map but really linear, I didn't thought it would be like that. Different experience so it's ok but I had a classic BF map in mind where you could flank, cap the rear flags etc.

Harvest Day = Good map, the rush mode is exactly like the one in BC1 except 1-2 things. The conquest map is good, you can flank by the hills, have some big tanks battles etc.

Oasis = never went past the first mcoms, on defense or attack. For now it's seems nice and different enough.

The only disappointment was Heavy Metal, it's just Atacama but in bigger size.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            Everytime a new patch comes out i loose fps.
            Typical for Dice, isn't it? Still, it isn't as bad as it used to be. Speaking of Battlefield 2, when the 1.22 patch came out, the HW requirements nearly doubled and it's been like that since then. Just try installing the retail 1.0 version. It feels so much smoother.

Comment

I only played 2 rounds in it, but i didn't really like the one with the snow. In the first round my team was on defense, we pushed the attacking team all the way up the mountain, they gave up and just started sniping. I'm sure that will happen often if your team is a bit weak. Next round we go on offense and it was a bit tough to break through, even though we had a way stronger team. It just bottlenecks at the bottom of the hill. After we took the first set of consoles, the others were a bit easier.

Comment

Oasis reminds me of Karkand in bf2

Comment

game wide lag is making me want to hold off on playing

Comment

i player all but cold war on conqust

all maps are made for at least 64 players and should be played as such

the larger maps were very boring and 99% snipers

oasis was great however, dominated with the g3

lag made it unplayable after a while.

Comment

Finally played Oasis, I really liked it.

Comment

the maps are definitely a breath of fresh air for this game.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

lol your quick making this thread stilla

For me the 2 big maps are a hit!, Im now hoping that all bf3 maps are atleast that big.

Oasis CQ on the other hand is a campers oasis:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                            lol your quick making this thread stilla

For me the 2 big maps are a hit!, Im now hoping that all bf3 maps are atleast that big.

Oasis CQ on the other hand is a campers oasis:laugh:
                            Then don't play that map as CQ?

Its fantastic on Rush. Better than any of the original BC2 maps IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
                              Typical for Dice, isn't it? Still, it isn't as bad as it used to be. Speaking of Battlefield 2, when 1.22 patch came out, the HW requirements nearly doubled and it's been like that since then. Just try installing the retail 1.0 version. It feels so much smoother.
                              the more code on top of code will make the program more thirsty and slow it down.thats why the first of every game is the fastest usually

Comment

Working...
                              X