Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few tweaks to try to help BLOPS run better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few tweaks to try to help BLOPS run better.

I ran across this guide at FPSadmin.com and I thought you all may want to try some things out if you are still having issues, which you probably are. It may or may not fix your issue, but a lot of people have reported how some of these have fixed certain problems in the game. It matches with what you all here have been saying about 64bit issues as well as Windows 7. It seems Blops wasnt really tested with either.:

I've been working very hard and researching since the day of release to bring you this, theres still more to come. I also find it extremely sad that you made over 700 million dollars on this game alone and you cant have a team setup to fix this. But little old me knows how to fix it and probably knows more about this game engine than you do. Hire me, someone, gameplay developement is what I want to do with my life.
    Thank You.

SOURCE: www.mikemartin1200.com/?page=blackops

QUICK UPDATE: I removed windows 7 64bit and reinstalled windows xp pro on my ssd. the game runs just as fast if not faster than my tweaked mw2 config and zero stutter. and no... win7 compatibility mode doesnt work, you need the real deal. Proof can be seen in the hardware survey answered only by users that are still having problems. windows 7 is the highest overall percentage than any other section. The company cannot and probably will not publically state that you need to downgrade to windows xp to have a better experience for obvious legal reasons.

THIS IS THE BEST FIX I CAN GIVE YOU. if you dont like it, read the following and try ONE THING AT A TIME. Read my website for even more.
    Stumbled Upon Studder FixI was creating a batch file to load steam in low priority automatically. Turns out when you create this it also makes every game launched through steam in low priority. in other words, run black ops in low priority: THE STUDDERING IS GONE
    • launch blackops
    • alt+tab to minimize
    • open the task manager
    • right click on black ops process
    • change priority to low, if untolerable try belownormal

batch file line before anyone asks:
    cmd /c start /low "runlow" "C:\path\to\Steam.exe"
    Nov-19 Patch Sound FixAfter the patch (even before) the game had sound issues. Looping sounds, skipping sounds, echos. Use the following to fix these issues.
    • Type /snd_Restart in console at the start of each map. It may take several times depending on your system.
    • An alternate and more user friendly way of doing this is perminently setting a bind to do this for you.
    • Locate and open your config_mp.cfg
    • Anywhere in the "binds" section, create a new bind
    • bind [key] "snd_restart"
    • change [key] to a key of choice, F5 seemed standardish for me
    • Now feel free to reset your sound at will. i do every few minutes

Dual Core Vs Triple And QuadThe game was developed and created for two console systems with several cores. So almost every dualcore user experiences alot of lag. The reason for this is the game is designed to make CPU work much harder than the (lack of) GPU performance in those consoles. Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering will help this situation for most. Turning both of these on along with texture quality to extra takes the strain off the cpu and back onto the gpu where it should be. Find which works best for you. ie:4xAA 4xAF/8xAA 8xAF/16x etc..
    • Enable texture quality "Extra" (r_picmip 0)
    • Enable Anti-Aliasing 4x (r_aaSamples 4)
    • Enable Anisotropic Filtering 4x (r_texFilterAnisoMin 4)
    • The slider is inaccurate so use your best judgement.

Black Ops Config_mp Fps Tweaks
    This is an official list of cvars that pertain to graphical performance. *NOTE* A decent handful of these cvars are still locked, hopefully they will unlock them. ie: r_specular r_distortion etc..

You can enter these manually via console or by editing them in your config_mp.cfg with notepad located usually in:
    Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\Players
    Would be a good idea to set the file to read only afterwards.

seta monkeytoy "0" //enables console use tilde` key
    seta cg_blood "0" //disables flying opponent blood
    seta cg_brass "0" //disables ejecting brass from gun
    seta cg_fov_default "65" //65-80 wider view range. lower=faster
    seta com_maxfps "125" //125 you will move the fastest possible read about it in quake 3
    seta fx_marks "0" //marks on walls
    seta fx_marks_ents "0" //fx marks
    seta fx_marks_smodels "0" //fx marks on models
    seta r_aaAlpha "0" //anti-aliasing transparency
    seta r_aaSamples "0" // anti-aliasing off
    seta r_blur_allowed "0" //disables motion blurr
    seta r_distortion "0" //disables heat warp
    seta r_dof_enable "0" //disables aim down site blur effect
    seta r_depthPrepass "1" //unknown
    seta r_flame_allowed "0" //disables flames
    seta r_flameFX_enable "0" //disables map flames
    seta r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "0" //disables high quality grass
    seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0" //disables high quality water
    seta r_glow_allowed "0" //disables glow on bright objects
    seta r_multiGpu "0" //1 for two video cards (on by default and is wrong)
    seta r_multithreaded_device "1" //for multicore cpus
    seta r_picmip "0" //1-5 texture quality 5= ugly
    seta r_picmip_spec "5" //lowest specular map quality
    seta r_picmip_water "5" //lowest water quality
    seta r_picmip_bump "5" //lowest bumpmap quality
    seta r_rendererPreference "Shader model 2.0" //lower level effects shaders
    seta r_specular "0" //disable specular maps and bumpmaps
    seta r_texFilterAnisoMin "0" //disableanistropic filtering. set what you need here
    seta r_texFilterMipMode "Off" //turns off texture filtering
    //Force Bilinear
    //Force Trilinear
    //Force Mipmaps Off (nicest,pixeled/film grain style)
    seta r_vsync "0" //disables vertical sync(locks fps with refresh rate)
    seta ragdoll_enable "0" //disables dead players
    seta sm_maxLights "0" //disables dynamic lights(muzzle flash lights)
    seta sm_enable "0" //disables shadows
    seta sys_sysMB "1024" //adjust this to your ram, fail port i am not a ps3
    some other useful cvars

seta sensitivity "5" //mouse sensitivity for more accurate setting refinement than a bar
    seta drawLagometer "1" //on screen lagometer
    seta cg_drawFPS "Simple" //enables onscreen lagometer. once your set turn it off.distracting
    seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars "10" //1-10 more ping bars for accurate reading
    seta cl_maxpackets "63" //30-125 is max. packets sent/rec per second
    seta cl_packetdup "5" //1-5 duplicate packets sent (use carefully)
    seta com_startupIntroPlayed "0"
    seta rate "25000" //max data transfer rate in kbs(should be default now)
    seta r_mode "800x600" //or the lowest you can run
    seta snaps "30" //better hit registration

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: A few tweaks to try to help BLOPS run better.

Another guide had this part that people said helped out:
    The next stage is to get your hands dirty and throw yourself, hands flailing, at the configuration file, where you'll find far more juicy sounding settings. The jury is still out on which settings actually have any real effect on your performance, but try the following and cross your fingers.

You'll find the config file in your Steam folder (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam”) inside the “steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players” folder.

Open the config_mp.cfg up in Wordpad and scroll down until you find the line:

•seta r_multiGpu “1”
    Change the “1” to “0”.

IF, and only if you only have one video card. If you have multiple video cards (SLI mode), setting it to 0 will reduce performance.

Directly underneath it you'll find:

•seta r_multithreaded_device “0”
    Change the “0” to “1”.

Again, this is if, and only if you have a multi-core CPU.

There are plenty of other settings in here worth messing around with, including the all-important net code parameters – although with a rumoured overhaul in the netcode in the works, it's not worth losing too much sleep over this.

The main value you need to mess around with is cl_maxpackets, which you should try setting to “100” to see if it makes any difference.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: A few tweaks to try to help BLOPS run better.

thank you.!!

Comment

Working...
      X