No announcement yet.

Would you use a knife proof vest perk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you use a knife proof vest perk?

Someone posted about if CoD only had a knife proof vest along with the blast vest. I thought that would make a good poll

Would you make a class or use a perk that helped you survived the first, and only first, knifing. If a guy hits you twice, you die. Maybe it could be the pro part of the vest. The first one protects you from explosivses, the pro gives you protection from the first knifing from someone.

So what happens is one person knifes you and you dont die, but if that person knifes you again within, say 5 seconds, or another person then knifes you within that timeframe, you get knifed.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Would you use a knife proof vest perk?

Although i like the idea and would use it on maybe some of my run and gun kits, i dont think introducing a perk should justify what for me is a game ruining mechanic.

Comment

I dont think I would use it as standard, but I would have a stab-proof kit that I would pull out whenever there was a speed-knifer around. Probaly combined with some kind of bullet-hose.

Comment

Yeah I'm with the Eliminator, it's a bad game mechanic and need to be fixed by others means, it's like you're using a freakin light saber.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
          Although i like the idea and would use it on maybe some of my run and gun kits, i dont think introducing a perk should justify what for me is a game ruining mechanic.
          Thats true, but, you can say that about everything else perk related. I dont mind the knife, but I always hated how you can knife from a good distance and get sucked to the player and kill them. If it was more like the BF2142 system, I wouldnt think it would be that "unfair".

Or do you mean its broken and should be looked at?

In any case, say knifing works perfect for everyone and everyone loves it, would you use an anti-knife perk like this?

Crunch

Comment

I think the old system of having to draw your knife not only is a better mechanic but its a far more exciting and adrenaline filled experience. Anyone who has played BF knows what its like to have a real knife duel. CoD ruined this experience when it created its insta-kill lightsaber knife fights that not only have a range of about 5 metres, but completely eliminate the need for any form of close quarters combat (making shotguns, imo, useless).

Comment

eliminater is right, the best part of BF2 was that second where you and an enemy met and telepathically agreed to duel it out with knives instead of guns. what an amazing time that was. i remember meeting an enemy sniper on the hills on sharqi penninsula to knife duel through the whole match.

this COD insta kill knifing is just cheap and requires no skill

Comment

Which, wouldnt a perk like this bring some skill back? Or no?

You could have bragging rights about how your not afraid of the knife and dont use the perk.

Crunch

Comment

Best solution: make knifing require some skill again. Fully manual aim no lunge no auto target newbbot. Press a key to switch to the knife, hold the knife use fire button to swing, you must aim at the target. Just like in BF2142 where knifing was actually fun.

Comment

The knife should have a 1m range where if your target is in front of you, the knife will kill, so you lunge but you don't lock on.

But I think crunch wants to know IF THE PERK EXISTED, would you like/use/hate it. I personally would love it, as long as it made a nice kerching noise when someone gets stuck in my kevlar vest.

Comment

2142 was fun and all but it had its share of wtf moments where it would do no damage even when you heard the shanking.

Comment

No.

Comment

I am sick of the knifing. I really dislike when you get into close quarters with someone, you begin shooting, hit him, almost kill him then die by his lunge.

That annoys me, it needs to be fixed, I am all for the concept of when they are only right in front of you.

Comment

Well, if we are talking about how to balance the knife, then I think getting shot should cancel the attack.
                            That would get rid of the most annoying type of knifers, while keeping it usable for backstabbing and surprise encounters.

But part of the problem is also the lag, which is even more noticeable when your opponent is a high-speed teleporter with autoaim.

Comment

If it was to make it in you should be able to clearly see that the perk is being used by your opponent, like you can see who's using ghost, hardline etc. otherwise knifing would just become far too much of a 50 - 50 situation to bother using.

In other news, I hate the lunge

Comment

Working...
                              X