ATi hates Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi hates Black Ops

I have had a ATi HD 5750 since the end of June. It's worked fine on maybe a few games, the rest it seems to hate. I have played BF2, BF2142 and now Black Ops and they all crash.
    Before I had this video card, I had the XFX 9500GT and ran BF2 and BF2142 with no problems. Now with ATi in, it does.
    I love playing Black Ops, such a fun game. But my graphics card seems to hate it. I could play for maybe 2-3 matches and it freezes. OR - Direct X Error. I have Direct X 11 for **** sakes! It's fully installed. With this problem, I also tried installing a Catalyst Hotfix, it didn't work.
    Now the problem with BF2 and BF2142, it cannot be run on either Medium or High graphics and high resolution, or it will crash with memory.dll error.
    What is this annoying problem? Should I just confront Future Shop with my reciept and request it to returned? I know Future Shop, they will replace it with a crappier graphics card, and I don't want that.
    I was thinking of either selling it to a friend OR - returning it to Future Shop (if I can) and buying a nvidia 480GTX.
    idk please someone help! would be nice, thanks

Re: ATi hates Black Ops

This is my biased opinion, but I think ATI hates all games. Both major brands has their share of problems, but it seems ATI usually has some big issues.

Is the memory.dll associated with ATI? That error seems strange for a video card. I would think you are having other issues and video is showing the results.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

ATI gets better frame reates over nvidia in BC2...that's when it works

Comment

I have a ATI 5850, and I used to have crossfired 3870's, no problems with any games expect for Fallout 3.

Comment

My 5870 started doing VPU Recovery's during Black Ops when I was online, I could alt+tab out and back in an it would carry on fine, but it only started a week ago. Since putting the 10.11's on and that new patch its not happened so much, fingers crossed.

Comment

If you have the option of returning it, then the answer would seem obvious: The card isn't working for you. Does it really matter that much why it isn't working? Just get rid of it as fast as possible.

Personally, I am getting really tired of messing around with ATIs drivers. Currently I am stuck at 10.10a because the newer drivers refuse to work with my crossfired 4850s.
            That said, it runs rock-stable with the old drivers but unfortunately each new game seems to require its own dedicated driver-patch so I don't know how long I can stay on the old but stable version.

Try Nvidia, they have just release the 580GTX

Comment

Working...
            X