Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perks worth taking and avoiding!

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
    Disagree, when a spy plane comes up pretty much every enemy focuses on the minimap, not showing up gives you a massive jump on the enemy and with a silencer, all of the allies of the enemy you just killed won't come jumping to you. It pretty much gives you a big edge. Ofcourse against better opposition it won't work but the quality of blops players is pretty low from what I have seen.
    I just don't seem to be affected by not having it very much. Whether or not I use it I get the same scores. Perhaps it is because and run and gun right through the middle of the enemies, so it doesn't matter whether I'm on the map or not because they can hear me.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Perks are always up to debate and rely heavily on the playing style of the player. Bugs with perks, like the current bug with Ninja Pro or added benefits that people may not realize like Hardline Pro with the care package, SAM and auto gunner switching can profoundly effect a players playing style. Ghost for example is no where near as good as Ghost Pro or the original UAV Jammer/Coldblooded since the only thing it works against is the basic spy plane and none of the other kill streaks, where as the Pro version does, but because of the lack of century guns is impossible to get (I got it by pure luck the very first night in the fist hour and have rarely seen one since). Other perks are back to the classic grinding, just now they have special requirements (Marathon and CTF), others you'll get no matter what your playing style eventually ("Lord of War", Hardline, Slight of Hand, Steady Aim, etc). I liked the simpler Pro challenges from MW2.

Comment

I agree, i dont like having to grind for my pro perk

Comment

Finally got the sentry gun kill i needed for Ghost Pro! Dam it feels good to stroll around whilst an enemy Huey is in the air

Comment

Now its time to prestige and do it all over again.

Comment

I dont think i will prestige, at least not for a while as i dont really see the benefits of it :/

Comment

well you might as well because you reach lvl 50 in no time. took a week to reach it and prestige, there wasn't really anything left to do anymore.
                just remember to spend all your cod cash (spend it on your player card as that remains same even after prestige), i made the mistake of forgetting to spend it all and lost it after prestieging.

Comment

I dunno but just for an extra class slot? I would rather just unlock everything then think about doing it later.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                    I dunno but just for an extra class slot? I would rather just unlock everything then think about doing it later.
                    You'll not be able to do that though. Only thing you do unlock by 50 is all the Guns.

As you go up the Prestige Ranks you unlock more Emblems, Gun Camo (Gold ones), Face Paint's, Tag Colors. The Class Slots unlock at levels 1/3/5/7/9.

Its not particually hard to gain rank 50 over and over.

Comment

In reality if you like the game and think you will be playing it a lot, you may as well board the prestige train.

Comment

I use warlord, last stand and Ghost, its surprising how many people don't realise your on last stand. I always play hardcore so people don't expect it. Warlord I use for my M14, I have a grip and red dot. I'm not going to bother with prestige, I don't play enough, its been a week and iv not even got to 30 yet.

Comment

Not gonna prestige myself. I like having the pro perks too much and I like being able to use everything I've already unlocked. I guess the whole ranking and unlocking stuff doesn't appeal to me all that much. I personally wouldn't care if they got rid of the rank/leaderboard system altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                            Not gonna prestige myself. I like having the pro perks too much and I like being able to use everything I've already unlocked. I guess the whole ranking and unlocking stuff doesn't appeal to me all that much. I personally wouldn't care if they got rid of the rank/leaderboard system altogether.
                            Yea i agree it doesnt really appeal to me either. I know achieving level 50 in this game isnt exactly a grind but im still not a fan of the whole leveling up to unlock stuff procedure. Before the game was released i was all for going prestige but thats also before we were lied about how to unlock guns at any level.

Comment

I'm not going to Prestige for a while. Destroying that damned Sentry Gun (and it can't be an AA Turret, it HAS to be a Sentry Gun) was nothing more than random luck. One of my clan mates got it in a Care Package in FFA. I killed him, went to steal the package and saw it was a Sentry Gun. So I ran and hid to let someone take it. As soon as he deployed it, I shot him in the back and knifed that damned automated abomination.

They really should remove that requirement, or change it to something else.

Comment

I'm go to prestige up until at least I get the last class slot. I use a lot more than 5 load outs, so I am constantly getting rids of ones. I'd like to have all of the ones I want.
                                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                                X