Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How scripted is the action in COD: Black Ops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How scripted is the action in COD: Black Ops?

skip to the end if you don't want to sit through the whole thing.

The first mission in CoD:BO played at the "Hardened" difficulty level without shooting my gun (except for during two scripted sequences where the game makes ...

The first mission in CoD:BO played at the "Hardened" difficulty level without shooting my gun (except for during two scripted sequences where the game makes me).

:laugh:

I'm sure you've all seen this already. :salute:

Re: How scripted is the action in COD: Black Ops?

The first mission tend to be easy in BOps (and in COD games in general, COD2, 4, WaW and MW2 from my experience), its not that its scripted (always scripted events in high action games), its just the difficulty is so low that the AI can track and take down the target. In older COD games (note worthy COD2 and 4) there were unending hoards of bad guys that the AI could also kill, its just that they flow would stop when you advanced to a certain point and the AI allies wouldn't advance until you reached that point (like the forsaken napalm lvl in this game). Note how the AI takes out the other AI and how long it takes them; in other/later missions you can't rely on the AI to save your ars. The airplane part is funny though, but one of those stupid mortars that he claims can't kill you, killed me on regular (was already bleeding from being shoot).

Comment

Tbh it looks harder to die than it is to stay alive.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's like that because people complained that you always had to be the one to push forward, and if would you just stay somewhere, there would be endless waves of friendlies and enemies.

The bit at the end is ridiculous though. That's partly why I think healthbars should be re-implemented, makes the game so much harder and more of a challenge.

Comment

I HATE HEALTH BARS, nothing like being stuck at the last check point with a fraction of health left when you respawn.

This game already does some dumb stuff, like saving a check point while your reloading and looking up at a bad guy that is about to kill you again and again in the second level and that was without a health bar. Took some creative thinking to dive away at about the third time, but it was enough to raise my blood pressure.

Comment

I don't mind the health regen - it works in a game where you kill as quickly as you do in CoD. I like health bars, but to be honest, health regen works for CoD. The health system in BC2 is almost the best in my opinion though, getting a medkit will always heal the fastest, but you're not screwed if you end up without one, just almost screwed.

Comment

i have turned my difficulty down to recruit so i can simply run through the SP aspect of the game, why? Because im really not enjoying it. I know CoD isnt one to be all realistic but this SP just feels very corny and it makes me want to rip my eyes out :/

Comment

Working...
              X