Hacked Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked Servers

Well, Treyarch just showed that they didn't work too hard on the PC version. Some people found out the cvar to adjust how many points per kill you get and it works on ranked servers. The command is basically /sv_pointsperkill 10000000000 (I don't know the exact command, but you get the point). I have no idea how Treyarch did not think to disable this command for ranked servers.

So watch out what servers you are joining, because there are a lot of them where you will rank up to 50 in a kill or two. Supposedly they are already working on a fix.

If you remember, Treyarch had this exact same problem in WaW where you could basically get 50,000 points a kill. They eventually "fixed" it and lowered the amount to 3,000 points a kill (if I remember right). But there were servers that were dedicated to ranking up faster and one team of 32 people would kill the other team of 32 people and it would repeat. Yep, looks like they never learned.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: Hacked Servers

3,000 wasnt the fix. It was an actual point limitation in the game that would cause people to ctd when going beyond the number. They actually did fix it, about a month after release. By then it didnt matter.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Count me as another victim. Scrotebags had the server running normally for a round when I joined, then the next round I got a billion points for my 3rd kill.

I'd love to have some alone time with a lighter, some razor blades, a screwdriver, and a sewing kit with the people who spend their time thinking of ways to screw over others.

And **** Treyarch for leaving this open AGAIN after dealing with this **** in their LAST game!

Comment

I'm curious as to what in the blue hell you'd do to someone with a lighter, razor blades, a screwdriver and a sewing kit

But yeah, XP glitches/hacks whatever you want to call them will be in pretty much any rank based game...

Comment

just prestige and pretend you're starting from zero.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
            I'm curious as to what in the blue hell you'd do to someone with a lighter, razor blades, a screwdriver and a sewing kit

But yeah, XP glitches/hacks whatever you want to call them will be in pretty much any rank based game...
            I never got glitched in CoD4, BF2, BF2142, BFBC2, or any rank based games EXCEPT for WaW and now Black Ops. I was able to roll back in WaW. They've denied me that course of action in BO.

As far as the... items go: I've got a really good imagination. I'd do some disfiguring Hellraiser **** and keep them mostly together by cauterizing some things with the lighter and sewing others back on like a Picasso.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              I never got glitched in CoD4, BF2, BF2142, BFBC2, or any rank based games EXCEPT for WaW and now Black Ops. I was able to roll back in WaW. They've denied me that course of action in BO.

As far as the... items go: I've got a really good imagination. I'd do some disfiguring Hellraiser **** and keep them mostly together by cauterizing some things with the lighter and sewing others back on like a Picasso.
              I got one in COD4, BF2 and MW2. It's really lame, but I guess we all just have different experiences.

As to the imagination: wow. The **** you learn in the army :laugh: (if I remember correctly )

Comment

That reminded me of the Human Centipede....hmm....

:s

Comment

Come on guys, no one did the epic titan glitch on 2142?!

Comment

I got caught up in it on accident and got my account wiped Still, loved BF2142. Miss my BAUR

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                      Come on guys, no one did the epic titan glitch on 2142?!
                      A: No, I didn't.

B: Even then, it was something the user CHOSE to do to himself. These BO servers FORCE the points on the player. That's a major distinction.

Comment

Working...
                      X