Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam released a patch that all but eliminated the lag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam released a patch that all but eliminated the lag.

Should automatically apply, I got it today when I switched from SP to MP. Along with the system resource edits (config_mp edits: multi-thread enabled, cpu clock speed and system ram), my game is lag free.

Also finished SP, AWESOME!

Re: Steam released a patch that all but eliminated the lag.

I am using steam and still getting the lag with all settings turned to their lowest.

I pull 90 fps but still lag, this other thread seems to make more sense

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...lem-Identified...

Comment

stutter is still there especially when i'm about to shoot

Comment

As always, create a backup of your config_mp before you make these changes. In the config_mp file under the player profile, open it in Wordpad and search "1024" (without the quotes). Change that to how much RAM your system has, 1024 for 1GB, 2048 for 2GB and so on, for me it was 4096. Then a little ways up you'll find something to do with GHz, that is suppose to be your CPU speed, more then likely its set to something like 0.48980493, change it to just below your CPU clock speed, for me my quad core is currently at 2.72 (suppose to be at 2.66), so I just set it to 2.66 and lastly locate "seta r_multithreaded_device", if you have a dual or more core CPU change the 0 to 1. Start the game and see how things are running now with the patch in place.

If you don't know what those are, I'm sad to say those are artifacts from the console port, but your game will run loads smoother.

Comment

Ranger can that be done with the steam version?

Comment

uhm they're all steam versions.... BO is a steamworks title...lol

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe everybody is using steam, regardless of where you bought the game.
              Once you register the key, it becomes a steam game.

I also read the thread were they were discussin the low sys_configureGHz value, but I think they found out that COD:Waw had the same low values.
              This is from my own WaW config:
              Code:
              sys_configureGHz "0.0121611"
              seta sys_gpu "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series "
              seta sys_sysMB "1024"
              And that had none of the issues reported for BO.

Comment

Excuse me, its been a long day

Comment

Then it might just be the multi threaded which is what they turned on in the current patch.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                    As always, create a backup of your config_mp before you make these changes. In the config_mp file under the player profile, open it in Wordpad and search "1024" (without the quotes). Change that to how much RAM your system has, 1024 for 1GB, 2048 for 2GB and so on, for me it was 4096. Then a little ways up you'll find something to do with GHz, that is suppose to be your CPU speed, more then likely its set to something like 0.48980493, change it to just below your CPU clock speed, for me my quad core is currently at 2.72 (suppose to be at 2.66), so I just set it to 2.66 and lastly locate "seta r_multithreaded_device", if you have a dual or more core CPU change the 0 to 1. Start the game and see how things are running now with the patch in place.

If you don't know what those are, I'm sad to say those are artifacts from the console port, but your game will run loads smoother.
                    I'll try the RAM thing later. I have an excessive amount of RAM (12 GB, I don't know why I did that lol), but the game still loads slowly.

Does anyone know if the game is 32-bit or 64-bit?
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

That is ok, my friends system also has 12GB of RAM (3x4GB). If I had the money I would build one with 24GB and run most of my apps through virtualization. I have 4GB of RAM currently and I don't think I was ever able to max out the RAM usage. During the days when I played COD4 I would encode video while playing and once left a video playing and a bunch of other stuff without realizing it, didn't notice in game cause the load was spread pretty good over my 4 cores and RAM was utilized.

Comment

64 bit would require that they included all the executables in both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version, since 64bit code doesn't run on a 32 bit OS.
                        Anyway, if you are running win7 64 bit, look in the "Processes" tab in Task Manager. 32 bit apps will have an *32 extension, in this case its "BlackOps.exe *32". So it is not 64 bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                          That is ok, my friends system also has 12GB of RAM (3x4GB). If I had the money I would build one with 24GB and run most of my apps through virtualization. I have 4GB of RAM currently and I don't think I was ever able to max out the RAM usage. During the days when I played COD4 I would encode video while playing and once left a video playing and a bunch of other stuff without realizing it, didn't notice in game cause the load was spread pretty good over my 4 cores and RAM was utilized.
                          I edited the config but the game resets it back to 1024 when I load it.

Also, I don't think I've ever used more than 25% of my RAM. But if I want to encode 4 videos and play Crysis at the same time, I can!
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

The patch may have cut down on the stuttering, but not the lag for me.

I'm getting killed by more magic bendy bullets in this that I did in MW2. Add to that the killcams showing me standing there like a dick again, not shooting at all, after I put 5 M14 shots into someone at close range.

Something is very wrong with this game. At least the packet loss seems to be gone. Now they just need to work on client/server sync.

Comment

Working...
                            X