Packet loss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packet loss!

Now I'm getting a lot of packet loss when I try to play. Yay, the fun never stops.

In an attempt to rule out my own connection, I played CoD4, WaW, and MW2, just now, with the lagometer running. Zero packet loss. Black Ops? Constant packet loss.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Re: Packet loss!

Ive read other forums of large packet loss, but no resolution on it. I cant find the link now as all the forum boards are moving too fast with the same repetitive junk.

The jist of it was that the lag is causing sync issues to all the players causing the server to send a resend request to everyone. It gets resent but the server gets the packets and the game goes on. This could cause lag in servers that have high ping players in them because these requests will take longer and then packets are being dumped as duplicates and so on.

So, I dont know if there is a fix you can do on it and I cant find the post anymore.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

one wonders why they don't just implement the same network code from previous COD games as they had none of these lag/stuttering problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        one wonders why they don't just implement the same network code from previous COD games as they had none of these lag/stuttering problems.
        That came up when we saw problems in WaW that had been resolved earlier in CoD4. Pride and arrogance.

IW and Treyarch were rivals instead of collaborators, which weakens the series in my opinion. Treyarch has a lot of good ideas. Their technical execution is always lacking, though.

Comment

If your playing on WiFi (which you haven't mentioned), the game has some strange issues. If you are, try plugging your PC/notebook into your router/modem.

Comment

Yeah, because I'm a complete idiot and try gaming on WiFi...

Comment

Sorry mister sensitive, some people do and it works just fine. Your network type was not mentioned anywhere and this game does have an unusual bug with WiFi which can only be described as packet loss.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                Yeah, because I'm a complete idiot and try gaming on WiFi...
                I play on Wifi, no problems
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

only idiots game on WiFi :nerr:

Comment

Well that would only make sense, we can't have that.

Comment

only idiots game on WiFi :nerr:
                      This^

Someone nuking a burrito next door can interfere with WiFi. A cell phone on a certain band can put noise on the signal.
                      Anyone who uses WiFi to game instantly loses any right to ***** about lag or connection problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X