First Impressions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions!

Well i have literally only played for an hour, the reason being that not only do i have lots of study to do, but there is stupendous amounts of ingame lag due to the servers being overloaded.

However from what i have played the game for some reason feels a little underdone? (cant quite put my finger on it).

Im finding the menus and the navigation of them to be way too overcomplicated when a lot of the stuff they should really have left how it was as it didnt imo need changing.

Im also a little confused by whats in game and what the developers said. All this time they have been saying that with the new currency system you no longer have to "buy" or obtain a red dot sight or silencer etc for each and every gun, you only have to buy it once and attach it to your weapon of choice. However after loading up the game its the complete other way around. I just bought a silencer and thought awesome i can attach it to my M14, only to find that i bought it for the M16? So felt a little bit scammed then.

I will give further feedback the more i play but to be quite honest its not worth trying at the moment as every server is very laggy.

Also the rank progression is FAST! I know there are 15 levels of prestige but i have already seen more than a dozen level 40's and heaps of level 30's so it wont take more than a month to reach max prestige which is a shame.

Give your opinions and feedback!

Re: First Impressions!

Mother effing decrypting

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      Well i have literally only played for an hour, the reason being that not only do i have lots of study to do, but there is stupendous amounts of ingame lag due to the servers being overloaded.
      I dont like the sound of that. I understand if the login servers are overwhelmed, but the game servers should be able to run fine when full. Because thats is the whole point, isnt it?

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
      Im finding the menus and the navigation of them to be way too overcomplicated when a lot of the stuff they should really have left how it was as it didnt imo need changing.
      Maybe the menus are straight console ports? I havent seen them myself, but I have tried a few games where that was an issue.

Comment

Menu's seem fine to me, but I can't login lol.

Comment

D2D won't send out keys until morning here...

Comment

Is this turning out to be another MoH?
            In that case, I am happy that someone else got to be the lab rat this time

Australians felt somewhat lucky to have a Steam unlock schedule that favored us, being the first in the world to get their hands on some Call of Duty: Black Ops action. Unfortunately, very few are having any success. It turns out that we've been forcibly made beta testers, whether we like it or not.

Comment

I dont think it will be the next MoH i just think its down right disrespectful to release a game in this state, especially something as big as this. The thing that annoys me most though, is that right now the console players are doing just fine :/

I have study to do but tbh this game isnt going to be much of a distraction. If anything the lag is giving me a headache.

Comment

I experienced a lot of lag, I only played for 20 mins before i had to go, although the server lag was apparently 46, i had 196 >.<

Comment

Just like Minmaster I am waiting for B2D to release the key.

Comment

Lag Lag Lag, friends system is dire, cod points is dreadful (whats the point in the when you have to unlock everythign anyway :/), no connect to IP, server browser is dire.

Needs a good patch.

Comment

Not to mention hax hax hax! Already been in a server where honestly about 40% of the people in their were wallhacking and aimbotting. Rather shamefully the final killcam showed how one person spawned and zipped to 3 heads.

Also the spawning is once again, dire.

It has massive potential but for now as Frosty said, really needs a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameserver Staff
                        It is not to do with PC specs or server configuration there would appear to be a bug in the game that is causing graphical lag spikes to a specific people. The developers have been made aware of this bug and they are looking into it.
                        Source: http://forums.gameservers.com/viewto...p?f=11&t=41175

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          Yup. Nothing but a patch, or possibly new drivers, can fix it.

Comment

Ive had my fair share of release day woes but this one is starting to take first place. At least most games are actually physically playable on release date. So far i cant go into MP without getting 999 ping and even then i have ranked up to level 15 almost 10 times now :/

SP is just the same as MP with ridiculous amounts of lag.

Just paid $100 for a beta test basically.

Comment

y dont these big companys do a public beta 6 months before ?????

Comment

Working...
                              X