Bad Company 2: 19.99 USD on STEAM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company 2: 19.99 USD on STEAM.

I m not sure whether I should laugh at this or cry at this.

But for those of us that bought the game or preordered the game at 59.99...Oh boy...

Well for those of you don't have this game, get it now.

I wonder if the price is going to drop any further in Christmas.

Just some news, I hope I m not spamming the forum. :dead:

Re: Bad Company 2: 19.99 USD on STEAM.

No, thats good news. Very timely also for the price to drop

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They know the base player will drop by a certain margin with the release of Black Ops so they sell what they can now.

Comment

God. It's not even a sale or special price. That's just the regular price now.

I wonder why they've dropped it like that? Most games don't hit bargain-bin prices that low in the first year. I think CoD4 is still $40.

Comment

Still 50€ in Europe. D:

Comment

CoD4 - 3 years old - £19.99
            BC2 - 8 months old - £19.99

Does show the quality of FPS in the past few years.

Comment

Its a good strategy.

1. Sales on the game has dropped.
              2. A competitor is about to release a blockbuster game.
              3. Christmas is coming around the corner.
              4. MoH is not looking too hot at the moment. (and is probably done for)

So you have a core game for $20 and Vietnam DLC for $15. Together you are selling a pretty large game for $35 around Christmas vs. the $60 of Black Ops. For those CoD fans that didnt want to spend $60 for another game, $35 for all that is pretty nice.

The only way they could time this better is announce Vietnam release for this Monday and have Steam do a bundle deal.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Its a good strategy.
                So you have a core game for $20 and Vietnam DLC for $15. Together you are selling a pretty large game for $35 around Christmas vs. the $60 of Black Ops. For those CoD fans that didnt want to spend $60 for another game, $35 for all that is pretty nice.
                Crunch
                It's always fun to beat up on the new noobs at Christmas.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  It's always fun to beat up on the new noobs at Christmas.
                  Good point )

Well I just feel uneasy paying 59.99 preordering it. Since I regret not preordering BF2142 and don't have the gun that covers 1/2 of my right screen.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                    CoD4 - 3 years old - £19.99
                    BC2 - 8 months old - £19.99
                    Does show the quality of FPS in the past few years.
                    COD 5 was on sale before COD 4 was on steam, or atleast I remember some points when it was cheaper then Modern warfare. Yes the infinity ward games were still popular for a while, but they've never wanted to budge on price. Ea played it smart and lowered the price on bad company to $30 a while ago, and while Modern warefare 2 was up on the top 10 for a while, it sank eventually and bad company was up there longer, and goes back up every now and then, this price cut will help.

It's the same strategy as valve. Which is why every PC gamer I know has left 4 dead 1 maybe 2 for sure. Relic as well. If there is a patch coming out? sale, after 3-6 months drop it from $60-50 to $40-30. After a year $30-20. PC gaming has Non-subsidized hardware, so it makes sense to have more control over the price of the games, especially with digital distribution being the mainstream for PC gaming now.

You build a wider audience and then at least the people that want it right away pay $60-50, and they recommend it to everyone else that is then willing to buy it on sale if not right away because they want to play with their friends.

COD4 was a good game, but could have dominated more if they allowed a sale more often.

Comment

wasn't it 49 bucks, not 59? at least on amazon where i bought the game from. it didn't cost me much because i used up the 20 promo credit from MW2.

Comment

Personally,

I would pay a game 59.99 that's like BF1942, BF2 or BF2142. That's worth every penny.

I think it's ridiculously that "BIG and POPULAR" developers always release games with a 60 dollar tag.

Look at MoH, they've been dead for a while after Airborne. Then sudden a 60 dollar tag on a new game that is almost a clone of COD and BC2.

Comment

Working...
                        X