Quickscoping is a thing of the past in CoD:BO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickscoping is a thing of the past in CoD:BO

According to JD_2020, quickscoping with sniper rifles won't work in their new Call of Duty game, Black Ops. It seems their plan is to make it so when a player zooms in with a sniper rifle, the crosshairs won't be centered. This way players will have to adjust their aim instead of being able to pop in-and-out of scope and have perfect accuracy.

So, what this looks like to me is simply console shenanigans that will leak onto the PC port. I can't think of too many times I've heard about PC players crying about someone knowing where the center of his screen is and getting off a fast sniper shot.

With the aim assist on the consoles, this will just slow down snipers and generally crap on their usefulness in the game. Unless they make maps where a sniper will have enough time to zoom in, hold breath, adjust their aim, and shoot, they may as well just get rid of the whole class of weapons.

On the PC, with our higher resolutions and anti-aliasing and other graphical goodness, a change like this will SEVERELY impact the ability of someone using a sniper rifle to defend himself. I really think it could render the sniper rifle class of weapons worthless.

Who thought up this ill-advised idea to make the game screw over people only when they're using a certain type of weapon?

Re: Quickscoping is a thing of the past in CoD:BO

Since when could consoles even quick scope? With those sluggish imprecise joysticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
      Since when could consoles even quick scope? With those sluggish imprecise joysticks.
      Don't forget the aim-assist. They could put the general middle of the screen on someone, scope and shoot.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

In a fast game, with small maps like CoD I don't know why they would remove something like that. But oh well I almost didn't play sniper anyways.

Comment

Oof... that's not good. I saw this one on his twitter feed. I didn't think you could even quickscope in WaW? Or even CoD4 without ProMod or something.

Comment

Problem with quick scoping (on consoles, wasn't really much of a problem on PC) is that in MW2, the bullet will go right in the center of your screen before you're fully scoped in. Couple that with SoH pro and aim assist and you pretty much have an instant kill weapon in close quarters.

From the (console) footage that I've seen there seems to be nothing game breaking (or barely noticeable) in terms of nerfing quick scoping, but I don't like it. A sniper rifle pretty much should scope in right at the center of your screen in my opinion.

Comment

Based on the tweets, it only sounds like they are making the scope kind of wobble/shake for a second when it is brought up. There is nothing about making the bullet not go straight. If you quick scope properly, you don't need to use the scope for aiming at the center of the screen. I play enough PC games that I can tell where the center of my screen is anyway.

In BC2 they made it so the bullet didn't go straight out the gun and the scope wasn't centered. I could still quick scope fine.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yeah, exactly. Ive no scoped so many people in BC2 that I get haxusations every so often because of it, all just because I center the barrel.

If you can do that in BC2, it should be no problem in CoD

On the other side of the story; It does get old when a developer keeps weakening things because people complain all the time. Some things are valid, like the twin pirate pistols in MW2, but you dont see them fixing the knife lunge.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

nothing will be as OP as akimbo 1887s. they were so fun to use before the nerfing.

Comment

Despite the lack of aim assist, quick aim snipers were the pits. They seemed to be big for a short while in HC TDM (only a short while). At least I am assured that this time around if something else broken shows up we will have admin abilities to do something about it. Looking forward to the return of tac crouch and sights hardcore servers.

Comment

Crunch

Comment

I dunno, I think its a good change, people will have to think tactically (in my opinion), as its a sniper rifle, its not meant to be quick.

Comment

In games like BC2 that would be a perfectly reasonable argument, but in CoD, the maps are so small and the gameplay is so fast that there isn't much opportunity for tatical sniping. If you want to snipe on the majority of the maps and do well, you have to be able to quick scope.
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Also, how tacticle are grenade launchers and RPG style weapons? Hint: They are not.

People complain about quick scope because in all honesty its hard and only a few can do it well. I can barely do it, if at all. Anyone can tube it.

Crunch

Comment

As I said before: I almost never see people whining about it on the PC. This change is because of console players abusing aim assist for easy OHKs at any range. I've done it on the 360, and it really doesn't take much skill at all compared to doing it on the PC.

OMA(or Scavenger)/Danger Close Tubing, Marathon/Lightweight/Commando(or ninja pro)/tac knife sprinters along with Painkiller and Last Stand all have irritated more people than quickscoping ever has, at least on the PC. To most PC players, quickscoping seems to be a natural progression, another tool to add to your bag of ways to kill people.

Comment

Working...
                              X