• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam making me Nutt's!!

Hi Guys

I keep getting this:

"Steam Could Not Connect To Steam Network
    This Could Be Due To A Problem With Your Internet Connection or With The Steam Network. Please visit Steampowered.com for more info."

Iv tried and I can't find a ans, Iv deleted Steam now MW2 is gone when I did that. Need help.

Thanks for your time:salute:.

Re: Steam making me Nutt's!!

Try this link: STEAM FORUMS

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your time stilla-killa, But still can't get it to work and Iv even reformated my sustem and installed Win 7 64-Bit. I don't know what it is, the only thing I can think of is make a new account.

Comment

Steam doesnt recommend doing this and everyone will jump on you on how dangerous it is to do this for whatever reason, but you can try to run steam as administrator AND MW2. You have to find the executables, right click on them and go to properties. From there you can set them to run that way. You dont have to do this to every game you have with steam.

Try it and see if that works. If not, start checking your AV/Firewall settings because that causes it as well.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Why would it be dangerous to run Steam and your games as Administrator?

Huh. I ALWAYS run Steam and games as admin. I haven't seen any problems, only benefits. Server browsers actually work, updates work, everything works better when your system thinks it's XP, before PCs thought they were smarter than their users.

Sure, I keep UAC on just for browser stuff. But if I'm not doing anything that is already questionable, why would I expect a GAME to be a threat to my system?

Hell, I also put game folders and executables in my AV exclusion list. No need to scan those packets as they come and go, that just adds lag that I don't need or want.

Comment

I dont know. No one can answer that and if you go through the steam support forums they say not to do it, its not supported and that it can cause issues. They dont say what issues or how to fix anything else. I posted this fix up for something else here and someone replied saying its not a good idea to do it.

Its a mystery to me. Maybe it could corrupt something or make VAC think you are hacking. I dont know though.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
            X