been using mines for a while - LOVE THEM - so MANY free kills
    anyway = had a reason to use CG
    (main base rapers in tanks)
    got out the dart and CG
    dart = easy
    but CG = cannot get a lock ! ! ! ! ????
    even on tank sitting still ????
    even went back into empty server
    darted a tank - but could NOT get a LOCK ????

any ideas ?????

Re: need help getting lock with CG

Did you look through the scope on the red square and waited for the distance to appear?

Comment

Hmmmm, you just point it at the orange dot and wait for the range to appear then shoot you dont even have to look at the tank when doing this. Were they using smoke or behind buildings or obstacles?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Also, remember to shoot directly into the sky. If you need a bit more height, turn around so you are facing away from the tank and shoot at about a 45 degree angle. Shooting into the air after getting a lock usually means a hit unless there is a lot of crap in the way or the tank driver hides behind something.

Comment

Originally posted by ThIrD-EyE
          Also, remember to shoot directly into the sky. If you need a bit more height, turn around so you are facing away from the tank and shoot at about a 45 degree angle. Shooting into the air after getting a lock usually means a hit unless there is a lot of crap in the way or the tank driver hides behind something.
          It wont work if the tank is too close.

Comment

ooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppsss

embarrassed here, grabbed the AT 4 by mistake
            sorry guys
            (thanks for all your helping suggestions!)

Comment

Make sure you STAND CLEAR OF ANY HIGH STRUCTURES WHEN FIRING on something behind that structure.

EPIC FAIL slideshows are funny, but also very humiliating

Comment

when i use CG caught in the tank I always wait a few seconds to shoot with other to can destroy with less shot...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                  It wont work if the tank is too close.
                  For the situation where the tank is very close, do the same to get extra height. If you shoot behind you at 45 degrees after getting a lock you not only get extra height, but the rpg also acts like it is coming in from farther away so it will be less likely to loop around or hit an object on its way other than the tank. Just try it, it works fine. I've done it hundreds of times but it doesn't always hit. If you are in a situation where the tank is very close and you can't get a clear shot or you can't get a clear shot because the tank is too far away shooting behind you at 45 degrees helps so much more than the usual straight up sky shoot. This is something I learned when I had trouble hitting tanks just locking on an shooting away without shooting up.

Comment

Working...
                  X