Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering if I goofed by buying BF:BC2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering if I goofed by buying BF:BC2...

Hi folks, my long experiment with MMO's is about over--the one I play is starting to feel like a job or a marriage instead of a fun time, lol. I bought BF:BC2 via steam, and now they are advertising MOH preorder with access to the BF3 beta for $60.

Is it going to be worth it to put a bunch of time in BC2 with the newer titles right over the horizon?

I played BF2, SF, EF, and AF for close to three years. I was hoping that BC2 would last me at least a year or two with a huge selection of servers for while, lol.

edit, specifically...anyone have any idea on the future outlook of this game? I'm just getting started, and I'm finding the convoluted unlock/specialization/gadget stuff a bit wonky, unintuitive, and obscure as far as helping me figure out what's going to make them pixels over thar more deaderest

oh, 2nd edit...what do I get if I have more than one qualifying game for their "veterans" offers? I only see the Garand and the F2000...?

Re: Wondering if I goofed by buying BF:BC2...

Hi folks, my long experiment with MMO's is about over--the one I play is starting to feel like a job or a marriage instead of a fun time, lol. I bought BF:BC2 via steam, and now they are advertising MOH preorder with access to the BF3 beta for $60.
    -It's good to make sure you get a taste of all of the Battlefield games so you will be able to know the differences between then and what has been added or removed from each game. The new Medal of Honor is basically the rebirth of the Medal of Honor franchise which was not very popular and an overhaul was needed to give it fresh new life. Previous MOH titles were very fun but too linear to compete with other FPS games during it's time. I would also not recommend pre-ordering a game just to get access to a beta that is not guaranteed to be available to you if you pre-order. From the wording it is a possibility that you might get access if the BF3 beta starts within a year after the release of MOH.

Is it going to be worth it to put a bunch of time in BC2 with the newer titles right over the horizon?
    -If you enjoy the game put as much time as you like into the game. After all it only lasts for as long as you are having fun with it. There is also the benifit of you being able to see different things that might have been added or removed in MOH from BFBC2.

I played BF2, SF, EF, and AF for close to three years. I was hoping that BC2 would last me at least a year or two with a huge selection of servers for while, lol.
    -BFBC2 can last you awhile if you are really into the game.

edit, specifically...anyone have any idea on the future outlook of this game? I'm just getting started, and I'm finding the convoluted unlock/specialization/gadget stuff a bit wonky, unintuitive, and obscure as far as helping me figure out what's going to make them pixels over thar more deaderest
    -Only time will tell the outlook of any game, it is best to give it a full year to see how it goes.

Comment

I personally dont think moh is worth the $60 price tag. If you just bought BC2 on steam, you probably paid $30 US for it, which is a pretty good deal. There are a lot of servers for it and you are getting the complete game and not the mode pack. You are also joining when the game is more stable than release.

Of course, Im biased. Ive really enjoyed BC2.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thx for the input...I'm really getting a kick out of the game right now. I just remember having the best time I've ever had on a PC playing BF2:SF and was wondering if MOH or BF3 might succeed in replicating some of that. There just doesn't seem to be quite as much strategy involved with BC2 but that may just be because IRnub! Everything is sooooo close together, it feels more like a blender than a squad/tactics game.

Comment

No, afraid if you know strategy, you will beat up the other team well

It was meant to be a blender. Thats why I tend to play on smaller servers. Squad play is out for the most part. Many people I played with they say how BC1 and this was their first Battlefield game. They dont know what theyve been missing.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
            Thats the MMO addiction still speaking. You play a FPS as long as its fun. and then you dithj it when something prettier appears.
            If you start to "invest" time into it, it will be just as much of a burden a any MMO.

I dont expect BC2 to leave any lasting impression. It is too "light" to create a permanent fanbase, and the rest of the players will just move along when something new is released. But that doesnt mean that you cant have fun playing it.

As for MOH, I played the beta and it seems like a poor rip-off of COD:MW.

Conclusion: Despite its flaws, BC2 is the best FPS available now, and I don't see any contenders in the near future.

Comment

You dun goofed!

Comment

Dont listen to Frosty, he loves it too. He is just mad because he gets banned for his shenanigans.

Crunch

Comment

even guys like me with 5-10 fps still have FUN
                  I HATE playing on foot (cause I SUCK at it)
                  so I really miss the better flying in Bf2
                  but this is still cool
                  as crunch says - a ZOO in bigger servers - all the action is tight packed
                  even Karkand was WIDE open by comparison
                  so I play in 16 man servers - they are even fun with 4 on 4 cause you get to 'sneak around'
                  feels more 'real'
                  in summary = still a good game - fun to be had
                  hook up with one of us in TS and join a clan/group/club/server/whatever

welcome to the fight !

Comment

BC2 (and MW2) is better than MoH and will last until BF3 unless I missed some über FPS.

As for the small maps it's the first BF like that, even BC1 had bigger and more open maps.

Comment

You're asking fans of the game whether or not they think it was a good decision to purchase it.

Comment

if i had known they would lower the price so much, maybe i would've waited... the most recent sale had it for $15...

Comment

In all honesty, in retrospect had I known what I know now about BC2, I wouldn't have bought it. Dice played the "we love the PC community card" and then shoved it up our arses.

Comment

I would have bought it (considering there's not others good FPS for a moment) but waited for the game to be cheaper on Steam. But I really, really hope there will be modding tools for BF3, vanilla BF gameplay never satisfied me.

Comment

I'm actually debating that, given what I know now... If I would still buy it if I went back.

Comment

Working...
                              X