Bf2 wont run (windows 7 64 bit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 wont run (windows 7 64 bit)

I reinstalled BF2 for the first time on my windows 7 64bit based desktop and it doesn't work. It's a fairly new computer, probably only a year old. Anyway I installed BF2 and every-time I click on the icon it goes straight to a black screen then what I guess is crashes. I notice the game never opens up the traditionally BF2 box that appears for 3-4 sec of a tank and karkand while it loads up. I first installed BF2, then BF2 SF because it patches it then installs itself. Then I installed patch 1.50. Any ideas?

Re: Bf2 wont run (windows 7 64 bit)

If i remember right patch with 1.41 then patch with 1.50. You may also need to run as administrator

Comment

or try running it as windows xp.

Comment

Make sure you have directx 9 installed.

Comment

Even with patch 1.5, do you still need to manually configure widescreen resolutions through the shortcut?
          Most people these days have some kind of widescreen LCD.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's, Ill try patching it to 1.41 first because I don't remember if I did or not, sometimes bf2 doesn't let you patch until you patched a lower version so i might of. I installed it a few days ago then had a bunch of college work i had to do so i forgot.

I did try running it in compatibility mode for windows xp, and vista and nothing worked...also check off run as administrator and that didn't work. Ill try reinstalling and let you know if that works or not.

Comment

I can get BF2 to run on my Win 7 64-bit, but whenever I load a map and get into a game. It crashes within a minute.

I've manually updated PunkBuster and have tried running as an admin and any logical compatibility modes. It worked for one game after I updated PB, but since then it always crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                I can get BF2 to run on my Win 7 64-bit, but whenever I load a map and get into a game. It crashes within a minute.

I've manually updated PunkBuster and have tried running as an admin and any logical compatibility modes. It worked for one game after I updated PB, but since then it always crashes.
                Have you tried running pbsvc.exe then try re-running pbsetup.

If that does not work make sure you are running the latest WHQL graphics card drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bull3t
                  or try running it as windows xp.
                  I would not say that...that is a step backwards. But in the same vein, maybe it would be worth it to dual boot the system. Running XP for me now on my gaming rig would not be great because I have so much memory, XP would get a headache....well, unless I run XP-64, but even then, driver support is an issue. Good Luck Stryker!

Comment

I think he meant the XP mode, not the OS itself.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                    X