Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO I PROPERLY INSTALL 2 5850s IN CROSSFIRE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO I PROPERLY INSTALL 2 5850s IN CROSSFIRE?

Hey guys,

Quick questions about setting up 2 5850s in crossfire. Each of the two cards have 2 connections for power.... Together they have 4- 6 pin connectors.

My Power supply is a Cooler Master silent power pro 700 (RS-700-AMBA-D3) and it currently has 2 native 6 pin power connectors. Although this is fine to run one card and can even run 2, how do I configure it to run 2 cards if both cards need EVERYTHING CONNECTED? I have the adapters but each adapter needs 2- 4 pin connectors from the PSU meaning that altogether they need 4- 4 pin connectors which I simply do not have.

I've done countless and countless searches in forums and on you-tube and can't find one damm tutorial on how to properly setup 2 video cards in crossfire that have need 2- 6 pin connections EACH????? i mean, how can this be???? there's tons of information and tutorials and videos on 5850's in crossfire mode but not one tutorial, video or forum post mentions ANYTHING about the connections that the power supplies need to feed these monsters. Can someone please help me. I am getting really frustrated.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO I PROPERLY INSTALL 2 5850s IN CROSSFIRE?

I don't know if this will help but you could try to email Cooler Master and see if they can supply you with an alternative Molex (4 pin connector) cable with more branches. Failing that it's a new power supply I think.

Going SLI with two heavy cards requires everything in the build to match up with every other component. I never understand why manufacturers supply high-output PSUs that don't have enough connectors to supply the parts they have the power for.

Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Thanks MsStevie,

I'll try calling them tomorrow. Might even call power color. Anyone else have an idea as to what to do...... It's strange that for all the searching I did, no one seems to have this problem but me....

Comment

You could try these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812198016
        or other similar products.

Comment

Working...
        X