Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Console window seems to flicker half the whole screen on the left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console window seems to flicker half the whole screen on the left?

So it seems this bug still isn't fixed? I mean, when a new console message appears on the top left sometimes I can see the whole console window open as a semi-transparent square on the whole left side of the screen...

Any way to at least disable console so it doesn't have a chance to happen?

Re: Console window seems to flicker half the whole screen on the left?

You can toggle it with the ~ key if it's bothering you.

I always use it when someone is constantly typing lame/cheater/hacker or other conversations that really DON'T matter..

Can't concentrate with that kind of messages :hmm:

Comment

Thanks, I actually didn't notice there were 3 toggles (minimum, full and off).

Well, but unfortunately it seems to stay off at least temporarily, since when a new message appears it pops back in in minimum mode, which is the one that is badly designed.

I'm ok with the text in the top left, but right below it there's that transparent green/blue square occupying almost half of the left screen gets kind of distracting and I don't believe it was intentional.

Oh well I'll just keep pressing ~ to close it while hoping they tidy it up.

Comment

What video card do you have and what is the driver date on them? Can you provide a picture of the issue? What OS are you running and what DX version in the game?

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Didn't realize this was a video card issue because I have the same problem since the last patch but you haven't seen it yet apperently, It's hardly noticable when you play on a map with enough lighting but let's say nelson bay Rush or other darkspots the window is visable and covering half of your screen.. it is transparant light brownish kind of colour. Let's see if I can give you a screenshot this evening.

GTX 465 Nvidia with latest driver. (258.96) that is.
          DX v. 10
          win 7 32

And here is the image:

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyNL
            Didn't realize this was a video card issue because I have the same problem since the last patch but you haven't seen it yet apperently, It's hardly noticable when you play on a map with enough lighting but let's say nelson bay Rush or other darkspots the window is visable and covering half of your screen.. it is transparant light brownish kind of colour. Let's see if I can give you a screenshot this evening.

GTX 465 Nvidia with latest driver. (258.96) that is.
            DX v. 10
            win 7 32

And here is the image:
            Yes that is exactly the same I have.

Nvidia GTX 295. I had this pretty much with any driver. Currently using 260.52.
            DirectX 10
            Win Vista 64

Comment

Well shoot. Sorry guys, you both are correct, it is the game. I never noticed it before and since Energy provided the screenshot I was able to verify it. Its the overlay of the chat screen, like you said Komrade.

Afraid there is nothing any of us can do about it. I do not know of a way to disable the console :/

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Once it's been seen, it can't be unseen. The devs know it's there. It's always there for everyone unless they manually hit ~ every few seconds to get rid of it. Since it doesn't bother the devs, it's a low priority and probably won't be fixed.

Same thing with the 100 line chat limit that lags the server for every chat entry after 100. That number comes quickly in servers with rules spamming every 10 seconds and killstreak messages.

Comment

Good news for the next patch from Dice:

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.

Removed the blue box behind the chat window.

- The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.

- 3D vision fixed.
                  :yay:

Comment

Working...
                  X