COD needs to return to WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD needs to return to WW2

I feel COD needs to return once again to WW2, i wouldn't even care if they released it alongside Modern warefare or slightly before or after it. I remember the good old days playing Call of duty 1 and (UO) and they were just fun. I would love a COD United offensive style multiplayer with tanks and jeeps just with better graphics and base mode and everything. I know MW2 is the signature game for, well, modern warefare but COD always did WW2 better. I would specially love this if it was created for PC! I wont be as greedy as to say PC exclusives:shock: but perhaps with PC in mind...a man can dream! How do you guys feel about this, yay or nay?

Re: COD needs to return to WW2

Nay, tbh, i find people who want a game released that was released previously with updated graphics shallow, as gameplay is and should always be king, which the former CoDs have done well in the past, though of course that pretty much rules out 98% of gamers out there... though this isn't against you.

To be fair, it would be interesting, but CoD is losing originality enough as it is. I dont mean to be a d!ck if thats what this comment seems like, and also, CoD games being made with PC in mind is almost dead, if treyarch werent of existence support would have stopped long ago

Comment

Stevo dont you kind of contradict yourself there? You say that you find people who want old games released again with updated graphics shallow? Dont they want them released again because the gameplay was so good first time round that a little graphics upgrade would provide yet a better game in this day and age?

Comment

CoD just needs to return to being a PC game first instead of a console game first.

Comment

I would love them to make vCoD and UO on an updated engine. Honestly it would be a good move. CoD can never be as good as it was mainly because as spiked said it needs to be PC first Console later.

Comment

Yeah, you dont want them to return to WW2, you want them to return to CoD:UO. If you want WW2, there is W@W for you.

I say nay simply because there are a ton of WW2 FPS games to play right now and even if they did decide to scrape BO and remake it WW2 right now, people would just complain that it is not like UO, which is what everyone really wants. Then if they make that everyone will complain about how its not different from UO, so why should they buy it?

Look at BC2. How many complaint threads could be resolved just by answering, "its not a Battlefield game" or "You want BF2 in this format for BF3."

Its nothing personal, people just compare the "good times" with the games they have played and want that exact feel of it again. Which in truth probably wasnt there in the first place. BF2 was/is a mess on a number of things, but people still swear it was the best one ever.

Besides the CoD series is leaving WW2 behind for a while, if not permanently.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
              Stevo dont you kind of contradict yourself there? You say that you find people who want old games released again with updated graphics shallow? Dont they want them released again because the gameplay was so good first time round that a little graphics upgrade would provide yet a better game in this day and age?
              Didn't think that post through enough. But yeah, I guess its just my modern-military enthusiasm bias. Im trying to word the post better as we speak, but I think I was trying to say that I am in that sad majority that believes WWII games are done to death is all. well thats why this forum is here, to share opinions

Edit: screw it, Crunch said it better

Comment

I just feel modern warfare is over-done like WW2 was years ago, now every game is going "modern" and there is nothing unique out there to play. WW2 is just one of those wars where its perfect for a game, you have an evil army with better weapons and a slight edge vs the heros liberating europe during a time when technology is advancing and you have planes, tanks, etc yet weapons aren't so advanced that your sniping across the map with your silenced pistol with radar. Also I loved the COD UO days because now that cod is pure infantry makes me sad. It's just my opinion, i wouldn't get mad from any disagreements.

On a side note, am i the only one that doesn't like the knife, i'm more of a blunt fan seemed less used and more fun.

Comment

Yeah, while CoD UO was better, you cant really say that originally CoD was not pure infantry, iirc, COD1 was purely infantry, wasnt it?

Also, modern is not as over-done as it was 10 years ago, its just there are LESS world war 2 games now, modern/near future games were relatively common back then, too: Counterstrike, ghost recon, Rainbow 6, hell, even half-life (to a point) to name a few.

as been said, its more just the CoD needs to return to PC focus, not console focus, but of course thats just the way we see it.

Comment

Your very right, COD1 was pure infantry in the beginning. It was a lot of fun but pure infantry with modern weapons is more annoying for me personally. When it comes down to it scoped weapons are just to easy to dominate with. COD1 had a sniper to but not everyone picked it and i can recall many times taking a sniper and getting ambushed, or getting killed once and then going after that sniper and being able to kill him. I think it was map design now that i think about it, all those nights on Carentan, that map was amazing. There was this balance that a lot of modern maps fail to have. I remember playing MW1, and I had a lot of fun but then there was dying by grenades people dropped when they died, helicopters, and artillery everywhere, sniper/scoped dominated it just lost that cod feel for me. Also like stated the console direction these games are taking hurt it. Maybe ps4 will have a swappable graphics card, ram, and cpu, so you could upgrade it and not limit pc lol just a thought.

Comment

It's not the maps, it's the gameplay mechanics.

Before, you'd have to equip your grenade before throwing it. Now you just press a button and you throw it or one falls when you die. If you were to equip your grenade, there's the fear of being ambushed and caught with your pants down, having to equip a primary weapon before being able to return fire. This may seem small, but it affects the game.

Sprint's another thing that changed the game a lot and could be a reason for nade spam. Sprinting was originally introduced in UO, but there were also vehicles and much larger maps, so nade spam wasn't a problem. But come the smaller maps of infantry only CoD, the easier way to throw nades, and sprinting, nade spam becomes a problem.

Sprinting allows entire teams to be in a small region (within nade range) in a short time. Whereas before everybody would have to walk to the battle, which caused people to move more strategically. Before people wouldn't be sprinting to the closest cover to where the firing would start in big/close groups, they'd be walking or even crouching along a wall or from cover to cover anticipating possible fire fights from where they stood.

I've also never been a fan of kill streaks, regenerating health, or even CoD2's introduction of a red dot on the map showing where the enemy just fired from. I think if you can't tell by audio, you shouldn't be allowed to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X