X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best in game animation :

yes - the fighting is fun
    the 'teamwork' whenever u r lucky enough to have it - is GREAT
    the 'realism (not weapons) but explosions, ATV flying etc are cool (to me)
    but today = saw something I have never ever seen in a game
    a cool death animation!
    sure = we all have seen bodies flying in the air, falling off bldgs, etc
    but today - while running around the ship (as sniper)
    some dude hopped into my path (from the sand dune built up on the side)
    as he raised his gun to shoot - I had no time to aim
    (well - just closed my eyes and did a snap shot in panic)
    for the first time EVER - I killed him vs getting killed
    but here is the cool part - he grabbed his neck (throat) with both hands and tumbled round and round like an old B movie
    (old poor quality/bad acting Black and White Movie for you youngsters )

first it looked amazingly realistic - then I laughed my butt off at the animation -
    maybe you have all see this before - but as I am usually the one getting killed - first time for me!

anyone else have 'cool/unusual' animations to share ???

Re: Best in game animation :

That one is good, but I also like the one where they relax their arms, drop the weapon, fall to their knees and then fall over. All in slow motion. Its kinda sad to see.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah I've had one where they did what CptainCrunch just described, but it happened on a ramp, so after falling over, they slid down the ramp a little, it was subtle but totally realistic.

The most dramatic one was when I was in a tank, and there were a couple friendlies in front of me and my buddy all were engineers, they were taking turns repair me, and at one point my tank got heavily damaged, so they all turned to quickly get me back up to full armour. Right at that moment a sniper just sprung out of a piece of cover very close. I tried to back up quickly and take him out or at least get them away from this sniper that obviously had C4 since they were running at us. I was trying to tell my friend to turn around over Teamspeak, but it wasn't in time. The sniper just lay down some C4 on the ground, which made it 100% more awesome. Because when it detonated, it looked like the explosion came right from the sniper like a suicide bomber since they were basically standing over it. All my engi buddies in front of me, went flying forward, one of them right into the front of my tank, his arms draped over the front of the tank perfectly. The sound too just made it a totally cinematic event, and the time I REALLY wished this game had replays built in.

I actually survived in the tank just fine, but my brain and sense were a bit overwhelmed. I felt like I was in shock a little, or at least the closest you can get form the safety of your chair. This happend I think in the first month or so from release, and it really helpt sink my love for this engine even more. Say what you want about the gameplay, but it's a truly enchanting engine at times. Crysis might have better graphics in some area's but the sound is no contest. But both are my pillars of the ending of the graphics race.

Comment

Battlefield is the only game where I laugh so much with deaths. A lot of time it's like watching Benny Hill, a little less in BC2 but it's still there.

Comment

im pretty sure the death animations only happen when the soldier is either stabbed or headshotted. deeath animations are part of the reason why i dont like the COD series right now because COD4, MW2 and from what i have seen of Black Ops all use the same crappy death animations. BF2 and BC2 have givin me endless joy just from watching people ragdoll around tho.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
            im pretty sure the death animations only happen when the soldier is either stabbed or headshotted. deeath animations are part of the reason why i dont like the COD series right now because COD4, MW2 and from what i have seen of Black Ops all use the same crappy death animations. BF2 and BC2 have givin me endless joy just from watching people ragdoll around tho.
            Some pretty funny ones when you land a headshot. like somebody grabbed them around the neck and tossed them10-20 yards away. Sometimes complete with flips.

Comment

on a similar note, has anyone noticed that if you headshot an enemy on a stationary weapon they get launched like 100 feet away? it looks hilarious.

Comment

Shame they did not spend any time on the reload animations (a lot of which are wrong) and look very boring.

Comment

Best death is ragdolls flying 500 ft into the air.

Comment

And being stuck in a building with your neck streching when you fall. There was some scary deaths in BF2 but I didn't see a lot of radgoll bugs in BC2.

Comment

the guy was running on the distance to the right, i headshoted him with the sniper (one of those cool headshots were theyr moving and u calculate the bullet drop and bullet time and you hit right the good spot ) , i saw blood right over the place and as he was sprinting,, he fell in a faceplant and went sliding like for 6 meters scratching his head on the ground and his legs were flying a little. At the time he stoped sliding and his legs droped on the ground it felt really good.
                      i just kept imagining it in slow motion in my head

Comment

Go this one today, thought id share it.

Comment

you headshoted him and he waved to you goodbye before dieing and falling?

Comment

we have all seen the ATV go flying after a good tank/helo shot
                            today = in the desert dunes (real hilly part by C)
                            had several good tank battles
                            I was using all the valleys to my benefit
                            [shoot/duck/wrench]
                            winning every battle (all 1v1)
                            guess he got frustrated on the last one
                            came charging over the hill
                            (I think the biggest one)
                            his nose went high = had a PERFECT BELLY SHOT
                            TOTAL DESTRUCTION =and it flipped end over end
                            ie nose down and ass over front
                            (at least 2 times)
                            it was awesome - and to make it better - got TWO nemesis pins at once
                            (was fighting the same 2 guys all day in the tank/helo)
                            lucky me - they were not too skilled in the helo - flew by very low
                            stopped to turn and got 2 helo kills (with eyes closed -- they were so low and slow)
                            anyway = 1st time I saw a tank tumble like the ATV

Comment

Originally posted by Splinter
                              Don't taze me bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X