Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had one class in your squad of four, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had one class in your squad of four, what would it be?

So I was playing on a SDM server the other day and this one squad was all medics and trying to revive each other and fight. My squad was mostly snipers and myself an engineer. I snuck up on the group and fired my RPG into them, killing two then switched to my UMP45 and killed the guy trying to revive and the other guy that was playing some other game somewhere else, IDK.

So I thought I would post this question. If you had three other guys and you all had to be one class only, what would it be?

The first answer everyone says is medic because of the revive, but medics cant fight vehicles and they are going to run out of ammo eventually. So be sure to think about before quickly saying medic. If that is your true thoughts, then select it

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: If you had one class in our squad of four, what would it be?

I prefer the engineer class in just about every game mode, so versatile. Silenced weapon allows you to surprise enemies. The RPG, in addition to its inherent antitank role, is great at knocking down walls and bunker busting.

If everyone was an engineer, I'd be an Assault. I use the tracer dart as my pistol, since I can resupply my assault rifle at anytime, to aid the anti-tank role. I could resupply the rest of my teammates as well, even though, most don't live long enough to run out of ammo.

Comment

Assault.

Pick an all-class weapon and you get C4 to blow up vehicles and buildings. You also get infinite ammo. The other guys can have smoke for concealment and 40mm grenades to soften groups.

Comment

I'd first say Engineer because of the ability to counter vehicles at distance and quiet kills with SMG ... and it's my most used class. However ammo is still a problem, Assault does have the versatility ExDel mentioned above, and XM8 my weapon with most kills. So ... Assault it is.

Comment

Re: If you had one class in your squad of four, what would it be?

Revive train > vehicles

Comment

Engineer because it's the most versatile class, you can take everything down, and CG can manage a tight group of medic. And you can always find some dead guy's assault kit or ammo box somewhere.

Comment

Assault, engineer is a bit more versatile, but assault is the best class to kill infantry for long periods of time hands down, which is what this game is mostly anyway... lol.

Comment

prolly engie or recon. if recon, i'll go sniper and stay away from the rest of the squad and go lonewolf sniping.

Comment

tank

Comment

All in all it depends of the map, but a full assault squad on a map with attack choppers is screwed if the pilot/gunner take out the AA, and they can't repair their own vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                      All in all it depends of the map, but a full assault squad on a map with attack choppers is screwed if the pilot/gunner take out the AA, and they can't repair their own vehicles.
                      I was under the impression this is in the context of SDM, which is what Crunch was playing. No choppers in SDM.

Comment

Was thinking SDM also ...

Comment

Yeah, I was refering more to SDM. I know some people dont play that mode though so I dont think it would hurt to think about it in an overall standpoint.

Do the squads change if its Conguest instead? I would think it would change a lot if its Rush as well as if you were defending vs. attacking.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Agree, depending on the mode, things would definitely change. I hardly ever play Rush, but for Conquest I think I'd take Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              Yeah, I was refering more to SDM. I know some people dont play that mode though so I dont think it would hurt to think about it in an overall standpoint.

Do the squads change if its Conguest instead? I would think it would change a lot if its Rush as well as if you were defending vs. attacking.

Crunch
                              Oh yeah, Conquest changes things a lot compared to SDM, at least on maps with vehicles. In SDM, there's just the one APC in the same spot every time. It's too easy to lob some C4 on it. In CQ, that tank can be a LONG way away, and you're helpless without an emplacement or a launcher. Choppers are another story, too. I've seen choppers lose control after being hit by a 40mm grenade and I've seen slugs/snipers take out attack chopper pilots. It's rare and hard, though. I think CQ is actually more balanced for each class than any other game mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X