No announcement yet.

Intentionally Crashing the Helicopters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intentionally Crashing the Helicopters?

I admit, i can't fly the choppers more than 2 ft without crashing it. So when i get the rare chance of getting in a chopper, i go for the gunner seat.

It seems that Everytime i get a nice amount of kills, The helicopter always loses control and crashes. I feel like the pilot hates that i am getting all the kills and just crashes intentionally.

Anyone else feel the same or am i just paranoid.

Re: Intentionally Crashing the Helicopters?

You are paranoid. I am the designated pilot for my friends and you bump into anything or if anything hits the tail, its very easy to lose control of it and not be able to regain in time.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

... you think hes crashing intentionally...

No.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        You are paranoid. I am the designated pilot for my friends and you bump into anything or if anything hits the tail, its very easy to lose control of it and not be able to regain in time.

Crunch
        I see, i've never been able to fly a chopper, besides the big transporter one with the mini guns on the side. I didn't know you lost control a bit when being hit.

How about when the pilot bails out of the chopper when the chopper still has 50% health? lol.

Comment

does this happen on particular maps? i ask because the new air defense gun (VADS) just makes the heli go completely out of control. it just wreaks havoc.

Comment

It has happened to me the majority of the time on "Port Valdez" (Rush)

Comment

All the big anti-air guns make the helicopters do wacky things on their own.

Comment

Ramming is a valid tactic in bc2.ive even landed nose first into infantry.its quiet funny when they see you comming and try to run:laugh: splat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                  Ramming is a valid tactic in bc2.ive even landed nose first into infantry.its quiet funny when they see you comming and try to run:laugh: splat!
                  Or with the UAV... my personal favorite. The Physics of the UAV are that its basically a 50 ton indestructible brick.

Comment

Easy way to find out. If the chopper spins or suddenly moves fast before crashing. It's not the pilot, because he couldn't move the chopper that fast if he tried.

Comment

I remember sometimes the helo just went out of control just like I bumped into an invisible wall (and it wasn't the UAV), so it's maybe the case.

Your avatar is scary Kylee...

Comment

depends, success of the chopper depends on a lot of things, but most of the time you are simply flying a big easy to hit coffin with a death clock counting down

did successfully keep the HIND up on Atacama Rush for agggges yesterday with a friend I play with, remembered to stick the smoke mod on and got him to something like 40 kills before the enemy team started firing so many darts into the sky that the sun was blotted out

then you have maps like Isla Inocentes, where I can circle and dodge most incoming fire except MGs etc but its still freaking dangerous

also remember that the longer you are up in the air and being successful in the helicopter more of the enemy team will rage change class and put you in their sights

nothing like having 5 enemy wookies suddenly spawn and start trying to M95 your heli lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                          I see, i've never been able to fly a chopper, besides the big transporter one with the mini guns on the side. I didn't know you lost control a bit when being hit.

How about when the pilot bails out of the chopper when the chopper still has 50% health? lol.
                          Yeah, the larger transport chopper can take a bit more abuse and not lose control.

As for the 50% health, in that case he is not a good pilot and knows by experience that, for them, 50%= almost dead.

I personally start looking for a place to land and repair at about 20%. At 10% I am landing fast. I dont bail my chopper until the gunner bails. So if he died in the explosion, so did I. That may be a stupid tactic, but I need good gunners and I am not going to leave them to their own demise.

Now if they are a bad gunner, I might

Crunch

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Yeah, the larger transport chopper can take a bit more abuse and not lose control.

As for the 50% health, in that case he is not a good pilot and knows by experience that, for them, 50%= almost dead.

I personally start looking for a place to land and repair at about 20%. At 10% I am landing fast. I dont bail my chopper until the gunner bails. So if he died in the explosion, so did I. That may be a stupid tactic, but I need good gunners and I am not going to leave them to their own demise.

Now if they are a bad gunner, I might

Crunch
                            Captain Crunch goes down with his ship. Honorable :salute:

Comment

A true worthy captain :salute:

Personnaly at 10% I prefer to launch the chopper into the enemies and bail at the las moment Except if I know I don't have the time to kamikaze, in that case I gtfo immediatly.

Comment

Working...
                              X