R21 server update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R21 server update

This is strictly a server side update and there is no client updates .

Here's the breakdown:

DICE have released Server Update R21 this evening to address issues with the in-game chat system. R21 has the following changelog:

- Spam filter for text-chat: If someone sends 5 messages in 10 seconds, that player is muted for 60 seconds
    - Text chat can be muted across an entire server
    - Individual players can be promoted to “admin” (cannot be muted, spam filter does not apply) and “muted” (never allowed to text chat)
    - All settings configurable via Remote Admin
    - New configurable text file: textchatmoderationlist.txt located under Default Config Files in the Game Panel. Please see docs for configuration.
    - Updated server docs available here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf..._Docs_ServerAd ministrator.zip

Some people are probably wondering what happened to R20, unfortunately there was a bug in R20 which prompted the immediate release of R21.

Although this is an optional update, all servers will be forced to R21 by Sunday, 29th at 6am BST (assuming no issues are found.)

*** I am glad to see that DICE is addressing the text chat priority, the lag, crappy hit boxes, lack of maps, and connection issues are NOTHING compared to chat spamming. :nod:

The above info is based on information given by one of out OTF admins.

Re: R21 server update

Thanks for the update!

Originally posted by Beav=OTF=
    *** I am glad to see that DICE is addressing the text chat priority, the lag, crappy hit boxes, lack of maps, and connection issues are NOTHING compared to chat spamming. :nod:
    Chat is fixed! My teammates are going to be so relieved! :laugh:

Comment

Great, hardly anyone uses voice chat and now the admin can handicap the opposing team by locking down their chat. As if overzealous admins don't have too much power already ...

Comment

You run into a lot of overzealous admins in BC2? I cant even get banned anymore for haxusations :/

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Admin last night was mad I kept shooting him in the face with 870. Not my fault he has no tactics. Then I lol'd in chat about someone camping with a vss and he kicked me for "complaining about campers". Loaded back in and informed him I was just having a little fun and then he banned me. Seems admins don't like playful banter and have their panties on a bit tight. :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            You run into a lot of overzealous admins in BC2? I cant even get banned anymore for haxusations :/

Crunch
            I just get banned for not waiting for the admin who can't fly to get the pilot seat in the chopper when I have a friend who guns. Or if I am efficiantly using the tank to hold down the enemy, the admins often kick me for not using it to joy ride into the enemy base and get blown up. Because after all, we all know tanks are used for rampaging through tight nit towns and are far more helpful to the team when dead.

Comment

Crunch
              Get a Nemesis pin on some admins, it'll come. I've gotten around 15 kicks and 5 bans for "aimbotting," "cheating" and "hacking."
              I got banned on this name for "using aimbot" while using only the AEK and smoke rounds. So 18% accuracy and 18% HKR with a smoke headshot makes someone a cheater? Wow. That's just my screwing around soldier...

As far as "fixing" the chat goes, they didn't fix anything. They just made it so one person can't quickly lag out the server by hitting the 100 line mark by himself. Admins can still ruin their server with spam and then normal chat over the course of a round will hit it as well. Nice attempt at a band-aid, I guess.

Comment

I don't think I've been banned even once in BC2, but well I've only been banned 4 times in BF2 in 700 hours.

Comment

Crunch
                  Some people do seem to have a "gift" for getting kicked/banned, regardless of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
                    Some people do seem to have a "gift" for getting kicked/banned, regardless of the game.
                    This is the first game where it's happened this much to me. I was never good enough at anything besides UT2K4 dodgeball to get hackusations much. I got just a couple in CoD4 and WaW, and maybe a couple of kicks, but no bans that I can remember.

Comment

Is any playing on a server with this and experiencing lag issues that they were not before installing the patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper5211
                        Is any playing on a server with this and experiencing lag issues that they were not before installing the patch?
                        I have not. All my regular fragging spots seem to be normal. Of course I play on smaller slotted servers. I was playing on a 32 player server yesterday and the closer I got to the action, the laggier it became.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

First day after the new patch I was getting some weird lag. Since then it's been fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X