Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: base raping - current thoughts???

Originally posted by Nate79
    What's wrong with the hit boxes, I've not noticed a problem with hitting targets.
    Its not that you can't hit anyone, but the fact that they INCREASED the hit box for people running. If you are running theoretically you would be harder to shoot, NOT easier. So thats the problem.

Comment

1942 always had base stealers and raperz,but this game makes the issue worse because its small maps and lack of assets.

Latest patch made hitboxes worse,they know about it.Hit box lag is even worse becuase in game ping is so high*(you know where u go around a corner a die.thats the hitbox lagging behind you)

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        (you know where u go around a corner a die.thats the hitbox lagging behind you)
        ahhh. is that why my tank gets hit in the a$$ when I jump around a hill
        and I KNOW I cannot be seen!

good tip

Comment

I am all for base raping. Sometimes is because of a large skill imbalance, but other times it happens because the majority of 1 team is sitting back behind their rear flag sniping (victory hill on Arica), or camping and not being aggressive enough to advance, resulting in them being easily pushed back into their base and getting spawn killed.

Comment

I'm back after some Forgotten Hope 2 and the base rape in BC2 is nothing compared to tanks/planes/arty bombing you until the end of the rounds, especially with limited and weak antitank capacity, buried mines under your tanks etc.

Comment

For anyone running Pro-con, there is an add-on that allows you to set up the server to auto-kill base-rapers and give them a reason why they were auto-killed. You can customize the "perimeter of death" for each uncap on each map. It's really handy since it saves admins a ton of work and the players a ton of frustration!

We just set it up on our conquest server and it's been running great so far!

Comment

Don't know about BC2, but:

In-caps: No
                Caps: Get the flag or get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                  For anyone running Pro-con, there is an add-on that allows you to set up the server to auto-kill base-rapers and give them a reason why they were auto-killed. You can customize the "perimeter of death" for each uncap on each map. It's really handy since it saves admins a ton of work and the players a ton of frustration!

We just set it up on our conquest server and it's been running great so far!
                  Yeah, earlier in the posting I mentiond why that was an issue. Its great to kill and not be killed. Is there a way to fix that?

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

As Larva stated we have just gotten this setup. This type of plugin does have its Plus & Minuses. It will stop a person from killing multiple people in the uncap. But only if said person is either inside the parameter or within the set range of the perimeter. This allows enough breathing room for the team to leave the base but does allow you to kill the base campers if needed.

We are hoping it will cut down on some of the Admin'ing that needs to be done. But time will tell as this will be the first full weekend its been up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Comment

Conquest is definitely No No, Rush is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Yeah, earlier in the posting I mentiond why that was an issue. Its great to kill and not be killed. Is there a way to fix that?

Crunch
                        Yes - you customize the size of the perimeter around each uncap for each flag so that it can't be abused as a safe-haven. We had guys test it out to make sure it was fair and that the protected area was small. If we run into problems on a particular map/uncap we'll refine it or remove it. If we ever catch anyone abusing it, we'll have an admin do something about it. We almost always have admins/members on both sides who can monitor this. You can never fully remove admins from the game, but you can ease the workload.

Before implementing this feature we've run into infinitely more base-rapers than we have base-squatters. The goal is to address the issues in order of highest frequency.

And yes, we do not enforce this rule or feature in Rush mode - it's a completely different animal. Anyone camping a base in rush mode is exposing their objectives to easier demolition.

Comment

how rape.. you mean winning?

not even play this game

Sent from my phone. nubs

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                            how rape.. you mean winning?

not even play this game

Sent from my phone. nubs
                            <3

Comment

I think for me it's more of an issue of the poor respawn locations and lack of VOIP support. What normally would be a quick voice comm to a squad and a quick change of spawn location in a BF2 type scenario. Turns into spawning into open view with no cover within 10 meters and screaming into a useless mic to warn 3 clueless teammates.
                              "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                                Yes - you customize the size of the perimeter around each uncap for each flag so that it can't be abused as a safe-haven. We had guys test it out to make sure it was fair and that the protected area was small. If we run into problems on a particular map/uncap we'll refine it or remove it. If we ever catch anyone abusing it, we'll have an admin do something about it. We almost always have admins/members on both sides who can monitor this. You can never fully remove admins from the game, but you can ease the workload.

Before implementing this feature we've run into infinitely more base-rapers than we have base-squatters. The goal is to address the issues in order of highest frequency.

And yes, we do not enforce this rule or feature in Rush mode - it's a completely different animal. Anyone camping a base in rush mode is exposing their objectives to easier demolition.
                                I hate being base rape in conquest. Its bad enough that we have no flags without
                                scumbags in the base just killing you as you spawn with no chance. If it happens I will just leave. rush is different, many times I have been caught in the base when the mcom has been destroyed and cant get out before the other team spawns.

I have played many rounds on your servers and find them well run and admined. I will definatly look for them now when I go back to playing bc2 as the small maps on MOH are annoying me already. I hate playing on a postage stamp

Comment

Working...
                                X