base raping - current thoughts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base raping - current thoughts???

am I the only one that thinks lurking in an enemy main base is for Sissies?
    or planting mines in main base is the same
    or base raping with the helo

yes - I know - a few servers prohibit that
    but have seen maybe 1 admin in several months
    those rules are worthless

again - just my thoughts
    yours ??

Re: base raping - current thoughts???

Well Dragon, in our server (OTF) we consider the very first base the main spawn, we have set up parameters that will kill players if they are killing the opposition in the main spawn zone, however we play RUSH and therefore feel that if the attackers destroy the MCOMS then the battlefield is wide open after that, you as an attacker have to fight through those that are left behind or those recon people that find a bush and become one with it.
    What this does can be beneficial to the attackers because now the defenders have less people defending and often you will see those that stay behind hurt there team more than helping.
    If I am still behind after the MCOMS go down, I will bleed your team and try my best to steal your assets, armor especially.
    I do agree that those in the Conquest maps that spawn there squad in the mains just to break your team down is a bit cheap, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

As with BF2142, my standpoint is: Rape the mother****ers! They don't deserve better.

Comment

OTF = agree 1oo% with Rush vs conquest
        and did play on a server with 'auto main base protect'
        learned the hard way
        chasing helo in AA combat
        he got shot down and I got kicked ;(

to vanilla = how much fun is it to spawn as soon as u join a server
        and get raped by helo and or mortor and tank hiding behind you
        to me, that is total BS - no skill at all to rape the main -
        again - IMHO

Comment

Considering Dice never did anything about that since BF1942 I guess base raping is unfortunately considered standard gameplay.

Comment

If the other team has no flags then they deserve to get killed over and over, in any game.

Comment

My group enforces a no-base-raping policy on our Conquest Server. If one team gets cornered, it's easy enough to box them in without going into their base and sitting there in a stolen tank pounding and C4ing their spawn points. If your guests can't spawn into the main base without dying 2 seconds later, they'll leave and pretty soon you'll have an empty server. Players have enough to deal with in real life - why would they deal with the frustration of getting killed 30 times in a row without a chance to even play?

If it's a match or a competition, that's another story of course, but for casual, fun gaming allowing base-raping doesn't make sense.

In Rush mode we figure you're helping the other team out by raping their base instead of defending the m-coms. Rush is a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Beav=OTF=
                Well Dragon, in our server (OTF) we consider the very first base the main spawn, we have set up parameters that will kill players if they are killing the opposition in the main spawn zone, however we play RUSH and therefore feel that if the attackers destroy the MCOMS then the battlefield is wide open after that, you as an attacker have to fight through those that are left behind or those recon people that find a bush and become one with it.
                What this does can be beneficial to the attackers because now the defenders have less people defending and often you will see those that stay behind hurt there team more than helping.
                If I am still behind after the MCOMS go down, I will bleed your team and try my best to steal your assets, armor especially.
                I do agree that those in the Conquest maps that spawn there squad in the mains just to break your team down is a bit cheap, but that is just my opinion.
                My thoughts exactly.

Comment

if they had simply used the same out of bounds parameters from Rush, e.g. attackers cannot push defenders spawn, then put that in conquest

all would be fine

Comment

The only spawn raping I usually come across is me M95'ing people on the first stage of Arica Harbor from the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                      if they had simply used the same out of bounds parameters from Rush, e.g. attackers cannot push defenders spawn, then put that in conquest

all would be fine
                      That's a great idea. I'd take it a step further and make it a server option. That way spawn-raping could be allowed on servers for matches and for teams who like to play no-holds-barred. It would also make implementing the "dome of death" option with 3rd party admin tools unnecessary - we tried to use that once and it caused problems on the server so we dumped it.

Comment

We'll see in BF3 but I'm quite sure it will be just like the older BFs.

Comment

I usually do not base rape. As recon I will sneak into the base and destroy assets or steal things all the time. I will base rape though if people are shooting from said base.

I have been on many servers that prohibit base raping and I respect those rules, but if you shoot at me from the base, you are going to die in the base.

As for those perimeter programs, they are flawed. I was on two different servers that had something like that turned on. One server had a sniper that sniped from the towers at the base racking up kills. We couldnt kill him back. Another server had a tank and was using zoom (my guess since they could hit very well very far) and no one could stop them.

So thats my take.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Larva
                            If your guests can't spawn into the main base without dying 2 seconds later, they'll leave and pretty soon you'll have an empty server. Players have enough to deal with in real life - why would they deal with the frustration of getting killed 30 times in a row without a chance to even play?
                            I need to play some more conquest, will visit your server. Many server owners do not understand the concept of fair play.

Originally posted by Beav=OTF=
                            ... crappy hit boxes
                            What's wrong with the hit boxes, I've not noticed a problem with hitting targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                              Considering Dice never did anything about that since BF1942 I guess base raping is unfortunately considered standard gameplay.
                              it is in the "rules of combat/engagement" that it is up to server admins to limit base raping.

base raping is a great way to kill a server. we limit it to infantry being able to fire in, from outside the uncap. firing tanks, apc's and heli's into the main (first) spawn is prohibited. it helps keep a better balance. all other bases, shouldn't have restrictions, ESPECIALLY in rush mode. could you imagine trying to set up boundaries for each new base on each level? that would be impossible to admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X