Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF???? constantly losing connection to the EA server!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF???? constantly losing connection to the EA server!!!!

And it's only happenning in the wee hours of the night... Anyone know what it could be???

Runnning Win 7 Ultimate 64

Could it be tasks that Windows automatically schedules between 2 and 3am???

Re: WTF???? constantly losing connection to the EA server!!!!

The only task Windows does when you turn it on is check for updates. So if you go into the control panel and click on WINDOWS UPDATE you can see if you have it on and what time it updates.

Personally, I have never seen windows update cause disconnects. Slowdowns and lag maybe, but not disconnects.

Also, if you have antivirus/spyware programs, they may be updating as well. Same if you scheduled automatic defrag. Windows 7 does have a feature on that, but you have to turn it on. Its off by default. You also have to set the schedule.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have ZERO auto updates
      and turn off ALL services before playing
      I still get about 1 random server disconnect per 10 hrs of play

Comment

that used to happen to me, and still happens sometimes. ando ne funny thing is that bfbc2 totally disconnects my entire internet. i also dont know how to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
          that used to happen to me, and still happens sometimes. ando ne funny thing is that bfbc2 totally disconnects my entire internet. i also dont know how to fix it
          i've had that happen to me. it usually happens when there's a time out with the connection trying to reach EA servers. it takes my whole internet down for some reason.

Comment

Working...
          X