Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Edges HDMI

Hi

So i just got a ps3 had to play red dead redemption. I hooked it up whit a hmdi cable to my samsung full HD 1080P tv. The menu looks very crisp and clear but when i m playing games it looks very bad ther are rough edges everywher ( like not having AA&AF on pc)

Already tried:

Difrend hdmi cables
    tuning tv setting like sharpness
    ps3 display setting switched to 720p 1080P no results
    difrend games

Re: Rough Edges HDMI

Sure this isn't normal?

Comment

I dont know i m not an console gamer :P is it ?

Comment

I think you can deselect certain resolutions on the ps3. Try deselecting all but 1080.

Comment

i did that aswell but ther is one setting that cant be uncked its something like 520p or something it cant be turned off. So this is normal for console to have rough edges ?

Comment

I wouldnt think it is normal. Maybe if the game was playing 520p it would be

I dont have any consoles but the Wii and its smooth and not HD, so I would think an HD console would be even greater.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have a PS3 and I don't have rough edges on games. Maybe if you could take a picture and let us see what the rough edges look like. Also try lowering the sharpness and stand back some. All PS3 games have low antialaising.

Comment

Yeah i'm not really 100% sure what your trying to describe as well. Is it in all games? or just specific ones?

Comment

What he is describing is called "Jaggies" by some people in PC gaming. It's the sharpness of pixels when a game has no Anti-aliasing enabled.

Most consoles don't have the ability to Anti-Alias very well, if at all, so it's just something you've got to deal with; nothing is wrong with your TV or your console.

Comment

Working...
                  X