My problems with this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problems with this game...

Got the game on release day, its a blast but i personally think it has some issues.

1. Knifing - Still screwed up, i dont know how many times ive knifed a guy, i hear it hit and see it but he lives. I knife AGAIN and same thing, then they finally notice me and right when i go for the THIRD knife they knife once and i die. Complete bs and im tired of it, this has happened to me so many times i cant even count.

2. Sniper Assault Medics - The lmg in this game is extremely powerful and giving it to a class that is supposed to be keeping the team alive was a bad idea i think. Instead of healing, most medics arent healing or reviving cause they are too busy mowing people down. I have seen time and time again a medic come around a corner and like rambo with his m60 just mow tons of people down.

I dont want the completely worthless LMG from BF2 that cant hit a damn thing in 100 rounds but instead it should be a option for the assault class. Medics are for healing and shouldnt have so much offensive ability in my option. Also, if they equip a scope and the marksman upgrade they are extremely effective at sniping across the map hence the name.

3. Sniper Shotguns- This is completely stupid, getting shot in one hit from across the map by a shotgun.... They shouldnt even be able to shoot that far, yes i realize its a slug BUT it also doesnt have much power behind it so bullet drop should be severe. If someone thinks their aim is that good and wants to trade buckshot for a chance on a one hit kill at point blank then fine, but shooting people at range like a sniper with a shotgun is just retarded.

4. Sniper SMGs - I play engineer and assault mainly so i have alot of personal experience with the SMGs. Due to it not having muzzle flash, low recoil and a high rate of fire, i am able to easily pick people off from what should be WAY out of range for an SMG. Basically, it is better at range and better in close quarters....where does that leave the assault rifles?

5. Road Kills - This is MAJORLY screwed up. How many times have you guys ran someone over, only to have them somehow warp thru you and shoot you in the back? The fact you have to precisely line them up with the tire is, in my opinion, a major bug. I run someone over, they should die, end of story. I have run, i dont know how many people over on attacama desert but since they move 2mm to the side they got a kill and i didnt when they didnt even see me coming from behind. Fix it DICE!

6. AT4 - Since i have recently went plat with mines, rpg and CG i am now using the AT4....wow what a worthless turd of a weapon. It supposedly does more damge...that is if you can actually hit anything with it more than once. I still havent noticed a difference that makes it worth what you lose. You have to expose yourself and stand there to guide the rocket after you fire which even though you will probably hit the tank, they will mow you down with their mg since it also travels ALOT slower making it easily to see where it came from. It is also completely worthless against choppers, i have randomly taken out a few but nowhere near like i did with tracers.

If they want to add value to it, make it where after you hold the red square on target for a few seconds it locks on, no tracer required. This would free up the pistol slot and give the AT4 a reason to use it over the other rockets. Otherwise its pointless and more dangerous to the user instead of the person you are shooting it at.

This is just a few things that have jumped out at me that are wrong with the game. Game is still fun but i think some bugs needs to be fixed and some changes made for balancing.

Anyone have experiences with these issues?

Re: My problems with this game...

Don't forget the lag,rubber banding and warping which create more problems for me than anything else.

Comment

See number 5, i think that applies ;p haha

Comment

i get more ATV roadkilled with a ATV that has nobody in it then when someone is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSlammy
          1. Knifing -
          I miss my BF2 knife. :cry:

I dont want the completely worthless LMG from BF2 that cant hit a damn thing in 100 rounds
          BF2 LMG's were actually really good. In fact one of my clanmates was a god with the PKM. I preferred the RPD though. RPD ftw :salute:

5. Road Kills -
          I admit this is what pisses me off more than anything else in the game. When I run over an unsuspecting sniper with a freaking APC they need to die...

Comment

My problems with this game:

It's a disgrace of a battlefield game, it's a console game.

That covers all aspects right?

Comment

1. The knifing worked the same way as it did in BF2. I think 2142 had the best knife hit detection and even that wasnt good.

2. I dont have a problem with the medics having a lmg. It does bother me that they dont heal though. That was an issue in 2142 with the medics having the Voss and Baur.

3. No problem there. I can use the equipment too. I think people (in general, not anyone specific) complain too much about things being over/under powered. Sometimes it holds true, but look at this game now after all the tweaks vs. upon release. Now a lot more is messed up.

4. All the silenced sniper weapons are weak. Even in hardcore it takes a minimum of two shots to kill someone with magnum ammo, unless its a headshot. Engineer class has weapons far more powerful and low on recoil than sniper.

5. Yeah, its screwed up big time.

6. I liked the AT4 before they cut some of the power down on it in the last patch. I havent used it since. I liked using it and actually took down helis with it. It may be worthless now with the "tweak" on it.

As for lag, a lot of factors in that, but hit detection and lag are still an issue.

As for this game being a disgrace, I personally dont think so. Its my own opinion, but comparing it to Battlefield is, once again, only going to disapoint the people wanting a BF3 game. Its no more Battlefield than Red Alert being Command and Conquer.

It has a lot of advantages that the other battlefield games did not have. It also has a lot of shortcomings.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

1- knifing isn't an instant death 100% of the time. did you ever play bf2142? far more "chinks" than in bc2
                2- medics having good guns is nothing new to the battlefield series. the lmg from bf2 were devastating, at least when i played several years ago. maybe they were finally nerfed.
                3- 12g slugs should increase distance, but not at sniper range. the distance, accuracy and lack of bullet drop is a bit of a joke.
                4- the assault rifles are better than the smg's at distance. you can land a headshot from any gun, but the smg's have a noticeably slower bullet speed than assault rifles.
                5- press whatever button have assigned for 3rd person view, just as you are about to run someone over. it seems that in 3rd person, you can actually run someone over.
                6- the AT4 is really powerful and effective against armor. sure you have to sacrifice your safety, but it's a trade off for the power and ability to manually guide the rocket.

Comment

I agree on the AT4, but thats what happens when Demize balances the game by not playing it

the AT4 used to be good because while it was ****ing useless for anti infantry it excelled in anti vehicle, you couldn't lock tracers which was a downside and instead had the manual targeting system

now if people think this is a big advantage, then its sort of double edged, for a start the AT4 missile travels slower then a god dam snail and in order to hit something you have to spend typically a long period of time exposing yourself to fire while you stand there guiding this missile in. Not to mention its pretty hard to even hit moving objects in a lot of circumstances, I have pretty much nailed taking down helis but it took a long time and is still extremely hard and there are a lot of situations where you simply cannot do it. All you have to do with a CG is fire slightly ahead because of the massive rocket speed or hit the heli with a tracer, which on most maps is easy enough to do with your eyes close

problem with LMGs is that they are too easy to use, you can full auto them with little penalty to yourself, they need more spread and recoil when full autoed for long periods of time, medics should be encourage to fire in a smart manner, controller bursts at medium to long range tbh

Comment

Originally posted by bradino27
                    BF2 LMG's were actually really good. In fact one of my clanmates was a god with the PKM. I preferred the RPD though. RPD ftw :salute:
                    Those are like the only useful LMG's in BF2... hahaha

Some quick response to your points: Knifing is decent in BC2 imo. It's fun, but I hate the autoaim, and the hit detection is atrocious (not really worse than BF2/2142 tho). I agree, medics should have been given assault rifles. Shotgun range can be a bit silly, but really, slugs are accurate up to very long ranges irl as well and it's good to finally not be completely handicapped at range when using a shotgun. SMG's are better at range than AR's? Please. Road kills are definitely bugged, and it's a shame. AT4 had a damage nerf that was totally uncalled for but it's not impossible to aim or hit with it... you should probably practice some more with it :wee:

Comment

Sure the game has some issues, but I still enjoy it. I am also the kind of person that wants to see Iron Gator made into a BC2 map. Imagine the mayhem.

Comment

1. Never had this issue, but that’s because I use the pistol far more since it doesn’t rely on auto aim.
                        2. Used to agree that medics shouldn’t have LMG, but as I’ve played more I’d rather have a medic with LMG over giving unlimited ammo class the LMG. Rifles for assault are more accurate than LMG and submachineguns have higher rof, so the firepower of the medic doesn’t seem unbalanced.
                        3. Agree here, 150 yards should be max range of slugs. They do carry quite a bit of energy to the target irl though.
                        4. Assume you’re addressing the VSS here. It is very easy to get kills with it, but being silenced doesn’t make it an SMG which would use a pistol cartridge. The round is based on the 7.62x39 rifle round, but with the cartridge neck sized up to hold the 9mm round. Assault rifles still have better range and carry more rounds in their magazine than the silenced sniper weapons.
                        5. Meh, not a major concern.
                        6. AT4 was nerfed, which was a bad move on EA’s part and doesn’t make it very useful compared to the others. It does have the advantage was being able to guide it and correct for the enemy armor evasive maneuvers, but being exposed to do so can be dangerous. Since it’s an AT weapon it was never meant to be effective as AA imo.

Comment

Working...
                        X