Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 YLOD help

Hi everybody,

I hope this is the right place for ps3 issues if not i am sorry and if a mod can move this to tech center would be appreciated .

Last night i was about to watch a film on my ps3 but when we turned it on no game, it would not open we would get a red light followed by green then quick yellow!

My brother foolishly left Assassins Creed 2 in there and i am thinking thats why! I have tried some forum tricks such as turning it off then on with my finger on the eject button but no dice :s

earlier today i have taken it to a small electronics store by the house and am awaiting a reply when their done.

I just wanted to hear from you ps3 owners if this happened to you and what fixes have you attempted? Thanks.

BTW this is not an over heating issue, i am pretty sure as the ps3 is placed on a table with nothing clogging it. Its getting good air as my room is air conditioned.

Re: PS3 YLOD help

Take the HDD in and put it back in. Other than that your looking at sending it back to Sony. Is it a 60GB launch model?

Comment

If its not covered by warrenty then take it apart and recover your disc there are some guides on the net to show you how.

You'll have to get yourself a new one, the Slims are quite good it seems.

Comment

I did the hdd trick wont work, it is a 60gb launch model yes. Yea i was putting the sony service center as a last resort with the ultra last resort being a new ps3 :S all my data will be gone, pity. Thanks for the replies .

Comment

I dont know a lot about the PS3 but if you can format a hard drive in FAT32 for it to read, Windows should be able to read it and you can copy the files off of it. Of course, it depends what Sony does to the hard drive. If they encrypt it or do some strange language even though its FAT32, it may not work that way.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            I dont know a lot about the PS3 but if you can format a hard drive in FAT32 for it to read, Windows should be able to read it and you can copy the files off of it. Of course, it depends what Sony does to the hard drive. If they encrypt it or do some strange language even though its FAT32, it may not work that way.

Crunch
            Nope you cant do that, cant even stick the drive in to another PS3 either which is stupid.

Comment

Yep, that sounds about right. I can see the pros and cons to doing that. Is there any way to back up your stuff at all?

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

just got word today fromt he store, its officially dead, i.e. needs a new motherboard from the store clerk told me. He recommended i get a new one. PS3s' are cheap now, but am lost should i go slim or the regular big ps3? I will try at best to salvage my hdd.

Question: i bought some games off of PSN is that any way transferable to a new ps3? Sorry bad English a bit nervous and have to go to gym right now .

Comment

Why are you nervous? :S

Any games that you have bought with your PSN account you will be able to re-download on your new PS3. You can back up the contents of your ps3 onto an external HDD (HDD needs to be in FAT32 format) and that should back up most of your save files (it didn't work for GH World Tour IIRC) it's in the options somewhere.

Also I'd go with the slim no real reason to go for the older models.

Comment

awesome, am nervous because i have to plead to my parents for a new ps3 :s anyways hopefully they will accept

Comment

bump

Right i got a Slim 250gb model today certainly a shocker to look at as i was used to the fat models now i am facing another stupid prob forgot my psn ID i managed to recover my other two psn IDs but my UK one the one i use to purchase stuff i cant remember i know the ID but not email and pass unfortunately! Anyways i will try to call the middle east sony center tomorrow. Thanks to all for the help!

Comment

Working...
                      X